“...And a view to match!”

Longboards Bar & Grill
Ranked #5 of 24 Restaurants in Graeagle
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Reno, Nevada
“...And a view to match!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

After a long day of golf on the Plumas Pines links, we came back here for dinner, as Longboards was given high marks by locals and the friends at who's home we were staying.

Kismet! The beautiful evening setting for our outdoor dinner was only surpassed by the dinner. We ordered a bottle of a favorite Zin from Sobon Estates out of Plymouth (Amador County, what Napa used to be!!). Our carnivorous cravings were quenched by T-Bones cooked to perfection (medium and medium rare). The service was most prompt and cordial, the outdoor setting was magical and peaceful.

This is a gem of an restaurant in an unexpected location.

California
“Just okay for a romantic dinner”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My wife and I tried out Longboard's during our three-day romantic trip to Graeagle. For a romantic dinner we found the experience to be "okay." The service was fine. Not great, no bad. The food was good, not great. The atmosphere was definitely lacking for a romantic dinner. This place is much better for a group of guys to get together and have beers and ribs than it is for a couple to get together for a special evening. For that, I highly recommend Cuccia's, which is located just down the road. For a romantic dinner Cuccia's is FAR better in atmosphere, service, food and value.

1 Thank RobertoCalifornia
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

We ate here one night and were so delighted with the food that we went out of our way to come back the next night. I had corn and potato chowder followed by the ribs, which were plentiful and very, very good. My wife had a pork chop which was also excellent. The next day we arrived too early for the dinner menu but had the pulled pork and chicken salad sandwiches. The pulled pork was particularly good. The desserts were also excellent! The only drawback was that the fries that came with the ribs were a bit cold. I was so full I didn't complain about it - if I had I'm sure they would have replaced them.

If you eat outside on the deck, you will likely be pestered by some flies.

Morgan Hill, California
“Terrible Service and Good Food”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Arrived at 6 pm. No reservation shown to the deck but not allowed to sit at tables with linen table cloths. Seated at a table with no table cloth and given paper place mats... weird. Waitress had zero personality and really not very friendly. Water glasses were brought then never filled again after that. Bread was brought to the table - 2 dinner rolls for 3 people.... hmmm - never offered more. Salads and dinner were brought by somone other than our waitress and she never came backed to see if we needed anything - until it was time to bring us the check .... nice.... The thing that really set me off from the service was when I asked the bus girl for bread plates, she responded with " I will see what I can do there are alot of people inside" huh? What am I suppose to do use my paper place mat for the bread? Whatever. Paid the bill and got out of there - worst service ever. We have been there before and had great service and food. The food was good but we may not be back due to the service. Too bad....

2 Thank Webby1640
Quincy, CA
“Spectacular views and atmosphere, great food”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Nothing to dislike, love the place. Wait staff is very attentive and food is superb. The setting fantastic with gorgeous views.
Bon Appetit