“OMG WTFARKLE!!! VILLA.. The best stay ever”
Review of Chalet View Lodge

Chalet View Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Graeagle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 31, 2009

Talk about a beautiful white Christmas for 2009, So glad it was spent at Chalet View Lodge in the (VILLA) Sorry for those who had to endure the highway traffic noise. So worth the pleasure of driving the long hours for the accomodating 4 day mini vacation for my family & I. Our first night my son awoke to a ' Moose' which he thought was a ' Deer which was cool :) We did have the pleasure of enjoying a drink or two around the Christmas tree next to the fireplace in the lobby. (TOASTY) also we did not have the chance to dine in the grille only because we had a fully stocked Kitchen which made us feel right at home . For my Family & I our stay was very tranquil & deliberating wish we could have stayed longer. Renee

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed November 26, 2009

I visited Graeagle for the first time at the beginning of October, and found Chalet View Lodge to be marvelous. We loved our suite- multiple flat screen televisions, clean and comfortable furniture and beautiful design. The service at the resort was top notch, whenever we had questions about the area, the staff went above and beyond to answer them. They were unlike the staff of other hotels I have visited in that they obviously-or seemingly-were pleased to be working there.

I highly recommend staying at Chalet View Lodge, it made our trip to the mountains very special!

Reviewed October 22, 2009

We found the Chalet View on a dark and stormy night several years ago. It was a welcome warm port in a snow storm. We have been faithful guests ever since.
The owners and staff have always been very accommodating and attentive. When we have encountered minor deficiencies (as one does almost anywhere), we have always been pleased with the resolution of the issue.
We visit the area (where we own property) several times a year and stay at the Chalet View all the time. We find it very romantic. The rooms are very unique and well appointed. Additional amenities we enjoy include a spa, hair salon, cozy patio fireplace, and having a Starbucks on site (the only one in the county) is great!

1  Thank XKPNG
Reviewed October 11, 2009

First the positives: well decorated, very comfortable beds, staff seems accomodating. However, I noticed this place was right on Highway 70, and to get less noise worked with the front desk staff to pay extra and get a quieter room around the side. What they didn't tell me is that this is next to some kind of disco that thumped very loudly on Saturday night until just after midnight. So much for our early start the next morning for a long hike. The restaurant is intimate, cozy, and the ingredients and sauce for the house salad were great. However, I ordered a sirloin steak rare, and they served me a tenderloin steak medium, so that really knocks down my rating on the food. To sum up, if you are looking for a peaceful mountain retreat with luxurious food and settings, this place doesn't really deliver. So only average in my view.

1  Thank Hiker93
ChaletView, Partner at Chalet View Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2009

At Chalet View Lodge we strive for complete guest satisfaction; in doing so our staff will do everything to ensure guests have a pleasant experience. If there is an issue or complaint, it is addressed with the utmost of haste. This is part of our commitment to provide exceptional service at all times.

We regret that the concerns of this particular guest were not brought to our attention until the posting of this review. This particular evening we were hosting the local homecoming dance, which was mistaken for a disco. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

Carrie Hickman
Partner

Reviewed October 7, 2009

My husband, and I, along with my cousin and husband rode Harley's in very ugly weather to get to Chalet View Lodge and the surrounding area for recreation.
We could not have been treated better. From the front desk to the waitstaff, we were treated like best of friends visiting for the two night stay.
Dinner was excellent. Who would have thought this out of the way place would have awesome meals to satisfy the cold and hungry soul.
The room appointments were wonderful, (especially the big comfy beds), and very clean.
THANK YOU CHALET VIEW!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank faufie
Reviewed August 5, 2009

Stayed here for 2 nights in a terrace suite. while I realize this is not the Four Seasons (or the 4S prices!) the hotel sits very close to the highway and unless you are in a cabin behind the main building - the highway noise requires that you keep your windows closed at all times which is a shame since the hotel is in the country and fresh air would be welcome. As mentioned in other reviews - the cramped 2 story terrace rooms do NOT have closets or dressers - just a "nook" in the bathroom to store your things so you must travel very light to be happy here. Also, during my stay water problems that were going to be "fixed within the hour" continued for both days. Frankly, I think the hotel is overpriced for the value received.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JillSF
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Went back this year with my husband and stayed at The Villa. Wow! Roomy, comfortable, quiet and romantic. Service, like last visit, was the best. Enjoyed the walking trails and restaurant (fantastic food!). Lakes Basin hiking also a short drive away. We tried several restaurants in Portola, Graeagle, and Quincy and Chalet View's chef surpassed them all by far. Even Longboard's was not as good with the exception that they offered a great creme brulee for desert.

Will definately be back!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Graeagle
Nakoma Resort
Gold Pan Lodge
Gold Pan Lodge
#6 of 7 in Quincy
Lake Davis Resort, Cabins & Motel

Been to Chalet View Lodge? Share your experiences!