“Saviors of the business traveler!”
Review of Chalet View Lodge

Chalet View Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Graeagle
GreenLeadersGold level
Chico, California
“Saviors of the business traveler!”
Reviewed July 15, 2009

After searching frantically for lodging within the Portola/Quincy/Graeagle area, I was hesitant to book a room when I found this establishment on the internet. Driving down Hwy 70, it appears out of nowhere and it was beautiful, looks just like it does on their website. I was still hesitant...I mean, how nice could a place be way out there? Well, I was amazed! The staff was incredible, the room -- amazing, the property, absolutely beautiful! A GREAT get away for a family or for the weary business traveler! My room consisted of a large king sized bed with high quality bedding and extra pillows, a flat screen TV, wireless internet, a quiet A/C-heater, an upstairs reading room/loft, beautiful leather furniture, and a spacious bathroom with hot water. The walls were thick enough were I couldn't hear any of the neighboring rooms, and the deck outside had a few patrons enjoying a wonderful dinner in the cool night air next to a warm fireplace.

From what I heard, there are several things to do from tennis, volleyball, hiking, and the river is right behind the property. The is a nice playground for children, but the overall feeling of Chalet View Lodge is that of relaxation, high quality, and pleasantries.

I'm sure everyone can have a bad experience anywhere after reading two of the other reviews, but I didn't see any bit of what they were saying when I was there, nothing was less than perfect during my stay. Thank you Chalet View, i look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank apensity

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Monterey
Reviewed July 9, 2009

Had a great stay for 2 nights. The hot tub was nice and roomy, and the patio with the outdoor fireplace was wonderful. We had a great meal from the new chef. The scallops and fresh sockeye salmon were "off the charts" good! The second night we were upgraded to the new large rooms. Very nice with 2 bathrooms, living room and a great King Size bed. I have stayed there 5 or 6 times, and have always been pleased. It's a great home base for our trips into the National Forest.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Mission Viejo, Ca
Reviewed June 23, 2009

My wife booked 6 nights at the Chalet View Lodge in large part based on their attractive website and the other reviews on Tripadvisor.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The lodge is very clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly and professional.

We stayed in the two bedrwoom Villa. It has a full size kitchen, a family room and two full size bathrooms. It is perfect for a family of four.

The lodge has a pool, hottub, a 6 hole executive golf course and a pond stocked with trout for the kids. Excercise and spa facilities are on site and very reasonably priced.

During our visit we golfed at Whitehawk Ranch, Graeagle Meadows and Plumas Pines. All three courses are beautiful. The twilight rates at these courses are an incredible value.

I highly recommend the Chalet View Lodge. It is truly a hidden gem in the Sierras.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
No. Calif.
Reviewed March 25, 2009

We were supposed to spend 4 nights, ended up spending only 1. Reserved a terrace suite which turned out to be very strange - the bed and TV downstairs with a TINY loft upstairs with a very small loveseat, microwave, & ref., but no TV. It would have been fine if you wanted to lay in bed and watch TV all day, but no space as advertised to just relax. We switched to a regular hotel room, which was nice and clean. The bed was comfy. But, the heater was very noisy and clangy, so we had to turn it off. Then we were freezing in the middle of the night, with no extra blankets or comforters in sight. Our Starbucks coffee was in the room as promised, but no coffee maker! The continental breakfast the next morning was minimal and poor at best. We were very disappointed compared to their advertising. Perhaps it would be better in the summer, but don't believe what you read on the website - they had a very creative photographer and webmaster!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skwfh
rc_hickman, Front Desk Manager at Chalet View Lodge, responded to this review, May 5, 2009
We were sorry to hear of our guests checking out early when we really feel we were not given the chance to remedy the complaints. We feel our suites are very comfortable and accommodating. We would have been happy to upgrade to a Deluxe Terrace Suite that has a full living area downstairs with a couch, flat screen television, fireplace and balcony but guest did not want to due to the flight of stairs. We also showed guest a cabin and many other resort rooms available. We do not know why the coffee maker was missing but we would have been happy to replace it, if we had been informed, being as we strive to meet every opportunity to make an improvement. We apologize that our guests were dissatisfied with the continental breakfast which is usually stocked full of bagels, french toast, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cereals and fresh juices. We are always looking for ways to improve our rooms and are always grateful for constructive criticism. We are confident that our lodge will meet the needs of each and every guest.
Lodi, CA
Reviewed October 27, 2008

Our family recently spent three nights in a two bedroom cabin at the Chalet View Lodge. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The property was beautiful and well maintained. Our children (8, 6 and 2 years old) couldn't stop talking about this being their "best" vacation. My son and I played a few holes of golf. My daughter caught her first rainbow trout in the pond and we all roasted marshmellows under the stars.

The cabin was perfect for our needs. Rustic yet comfortable. We took advantage of the continental breakfast each morning and enoyed french toast, cereal, juice and bagels. The in-cabin kitchen allowed us to prepare our own dinners and we usually packed a lunch before heading out to hike, play near the feather river or visit the train museum.

The staff was friendly and helpful. We chatted with the owner while fishing in the pond on the property and he made us feel especially welcome.

We were initially concerned about bringing children to a place that looks just as inviting for a romantic getaway. (It is) It couldn't have worked out better. The property was large enough that we didn't feel limited in any way. A great vacation!

• Liked — Cozy cabin with many activities available
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank safdda
San Diego, CA
Reviewed September 5, 2008

My family and I stayed at Chalet View Lodge last weekend and were thoroughly impressed. The resort is in immaculate condition and offers an array of complimentary activities and amenities. My wife and kids loved the 6-hole golf course; which I too found quite enjoyable. The pool and spa were a big hit as well. Each day we were provided plush pool towels (more like blankets) which my wife raved about.

What I found truly unique was the level of customer service we received. It is uncommon that you find top-notch service in such remote location. The staff went above and beyond to ensure our satisfaction and meet all of our requests. At times I thought I was at the Ritz.

We ate dinner at the resorts restaurant two of the three nights we stayed, and the only thing stopping us from eating the third night was a family BBQ in Graeagle. The food was OUTSTANDING! and very well priced. We especially enjoyed the wine selection and delicious desserts.
Overall, I cannot say enough good things about Chalet View. This is the first time I have shared a review online, but Chalet View well deserved it.

• Liked — The Excellent Service!
  • Disliked — It Books Up Fast!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sacramento, ca
Reviewed September 1, 2008

Stayed at the Chalet View Lodge for two nights over Labor Day weekend. Clean and very nice double-king room, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast was pretty standard, but nice to have it. Only downsides were the noise - especially if you are in the front of the lodge facing the road - and a slightly funky smell near the hot tub.

Overall, enjoyed our stay very much. As for food, stay away from the Coyote Bar and Grill - very overpriced and pretty bad food. Our enchiladas were made with chewy chicken and appeared to be covered in barbecue sauce.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Graeagle
Nakoma Resort
Lake Davis Resort, Cabins & Motel
No photo provided
My Sisters Cottage
#3 of 5 in Sierra City

Been to Chalet View Lodge? Share your experiences!