“Chalet View Lodge”

Chalet View Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Graeagle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 19, 2014

My wife and I recently spent 2 nights at Chalet View and had a great time. The staff were friendly and very accommodating. Dined in their restaurant for both breakfast and dinner. Fresh salads and hand-made pizza were excellent. Thanks for the in-house Starbucks.The lodge is situated on a large wooded site offering 9 hole exec golf, fishing pond, large patios, bocce and kids playground. We did upgrade to a terrace suite which was worth the small extra price. Bob and Carrie; thank you for a special visit. You have the perfect place for a family reunion or wedding.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 998Jim
chaletviewlodge, Owner at Chalet View Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our lodge. We are glad you enjoyed the upgrade to the suite. It was a pleasure to meet you and we hope to see you return, hopefully with a family reunion!

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Cozy comfortable bedroom and ample breakfast. Staff most helpful. Dined in their restaurant both nights & they have good menu. Pasta Primavera + Cobb Salad fresh and tasty & homemade gelato a treat. Would suggest the restaurant offer bread or breadsticks to start the meal while patrons are waiting for their dinner

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bernalgirl

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated your dining experience. We have acted upon your suggestion and are now offering house-made breadsticks. We hope you will return to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stayed overnight on a scouting trip for future family reunions... The single staff person upon our afternoon check-in, was busy answering the phone and also making coffees and sandwiches when we arrived so we waited a bit to get checked in... Our room was relatively clean, sparsely decorated and mostly quiet later in the evening... all good things... The pool and outdoor facilities were in the off-season mode, so only partly available... They do seem to have allot of ancillary activity centers available to guests, volley ball, bocce ball, horseshoes etc. so I think later in the summer months there are many ways to entertain yourselves here... The fire-pit & hot-tub were lit-up and there were guests using them later that night. We ate in town and had a nice dinner at Coyote Bar & grill in Graeagle... Ownership has obviously invested in making this a real resort with attractive exteriors and loads of guest amenities. Sadly, the economic times seem to have put a small kink in the plans so I'd say they seem understaffed, but we might give it another shot later this summer as it is one of the nicer possibilities and is reasonably priced, at least in it's discounted form...

Room Tip: There are rooms off the highway, and cabins also available which are probably much quieter...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank clayton-paradise
Carrie H, Owner at Chalet View Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We apologize that you were kept waiting at check-in. Winter is our slow season and therefore when our occupancies are low we do adjust our staffing. We are glad you recognized our many amenities on the property and we are looking forward to you coming back in the summer months when everything is open and we are staffed up!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

After my first review under skyler369 earlier this month, before staying, I would have to say that my stay was very enjoyable. My room was upgraded to a beautiful terrace suite, which was beautiful but because of the cold weather we were not able to use our terrace. The bed was pretty lumpy and the pillows made my neck hurt but it was soft. Overall I really enjoyed the room! I ate at the restaurant both nights which was delicious! The first night we were the only people there! The near by activities and activities on the premise were off season so there wasn't many options. Also the fire pit and pool were closed for summer although they did offer for us to use the fire pit and make a fire if we wanted to but it was too cold and far from our room.
I will definitely stay again! Probably in the summer when all of the hotel's amenities are in full swing.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Skyler33
Carrie H, Owner at Chalet View Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to follow up and complete the review of your experience with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and dining with us. The winter is our off season so we do hope you will come back in the summer when the property has a large variety of amenities for you to enjoy. Please let us know the type of pillow that you prefer as we do offer a variety that you can choose from. We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We went to celebrate a family member's birthday of 92 years. Checked in Wednesday night after dark. Would have arrived sooner but the weather through Donner Pass prevented it. Trisha checked us in and Manny offered to cook us something even though he was closing. We were hungry and tired. They Made us feel at home and special.The next morning Meagan was equally friendly and accommodating. Rooms are clean. Beds are very comfortable!We have no complaints. We dined in front of the fireplace Thursday evening for her birthday celebration and we had a great time. The atmosphere was excellent . Great place! We were very satisfied and will be back. Thank you Carrie and Bob and the whole staff!We always recommend calling and talking directly as you get the best results and no mix ups.

Room Tip: Call directly and talk to people where you want to stay. Always gets the best results. Computers are...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank DeTo78

We are so happy that you chose our lodge to have your birthday celebration and enjoyed your stay with us as well. We really enjoyed meeting you and greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We will look forward to your return next year!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed in 2 cabins (big family) and we told the receptionist to take the payment from one card. The receptionist said they needed 2 different cards for 2 different cabins (weird). They charged both cards and double the price that we were informed. WE WON'T BE BACK! Oh the rooms were mediocre. TV was to small to see across the tiny room.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Jes W
Carrie H, Owner at Chalet View Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

This was a difficult situation from not only the guest's point of view, but also from our own. When these clients reserved two cabins, they were emailed two separate confirmation letters with the total amounts due on each reservation. When the guests arrived for checkin they signed their sign in sheet which again reflected the total price for their stay. Unfortunately we were unable to authorize their credit card as it was declined and a new credit card needed to be obtained to secure funds.

We attempted to do everything in our power to make these clients' stay pleasant including giving them the use of the Villa at no additional charge so they would have a private hot tub to use during their stay and dropping various standard surcharges. We attempted to contact these guests after learning about their dissatisfaction with the situation, but they would not take our call and therefore no resolution could be reached. We deeply regret any inconvenience caused, but it is our belief that we did everything possible to make their stay exceptional.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

My new years resolution is to review every place I stay this year, which will be many starting with the chalet view lodge.

I will be staying here in two weeks with my boyfriend for his birthday surprise and I hope that the stay will redeem what I have experienced so far. I really want to love this place as much as I have loved the other places I have stayed in this area, which is why I am still going to try it out. I bought a deal on Amazon Local for their standard room which read "149 sunday through thursday check in" for 2 nights. This worked for my purposes of checking in on a thursday, which is the only reason I chose to go with this hotel. The next level of deal was for the same room but for a "friday-saturday check in" at 169.00. I called to book and was informed the "wording was wrong" on the deal and I had to pay the fri-sat checkin rate even though I'm checking in on thurs. This means that I'm paying the weekend check in rate even though one night is a weekday and is the night I am checking in. Doesn't seem fair that I have to pay for their mistake, which makes the "deal" I thought I was buying not such a great deal after all. :(

Although I am disappointed to start, I hope that our experience when we arrive at the chalet is the opposite of this. I will write an updated, hopefully much better, review, so stay tuned. Fingers crossed that they make up for their shortcomings thus far!

Room Tip: Be careful when buying a deal for this lodge. It may not be exactly as it seems to double check bef...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
rc_hickman, Owner at Chalet View Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

We are apologetic that this guest misunderstood the representation of the Amazon offer and we hope that they enjoy the property upon arrival. Bob

Also consider these accommodations in or near Graeagle
Nakoma Resort
#5 of 7 in Quincy
Gold Pan Lodge
Gold Pan Lodge
#6 of 7 in Quincy

Been to Chalet View Lodge? Share your experiences!