“<3 Chalet View Lodge”

GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
“<3 Chalet View Lodge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

Staying at Chalet View Lodge is always the highlight of my trip to the Graeagle Area. Whether it is for business or play, stay at Chalet View once you'll see why I refuse to stay anywhere else now. They combine gorgeous rooms, amazing amenities/facilities, and top-notch service all with an unbelievably affordable price tag. The people here are absolutely lovely, and I'm shocked that somebody would have anything but an amazing experience here! This gem is one that I selfishly hope goes undiscovered, but they do such a great job that I'd be surprised if it does.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank coopscadoop

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Sparks, Nevada, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

My girlfriend booked a weekday getaway for my birthday at the Chalet View Lodge on 5/3/12. When we came to check in the front desk was unable to find our reservation. When we gave her the conformation number our reservation was booked for 5/30/12. Not a big deal until the room we booked (the spa Terrence suite) was given to someone else. Carrie [--] was very inconsiderate to the fact that this was a birthday celebration, we had planned an entire trip around their lodge and drove over 100 miles to come to their lodge. Carrie [--] offered us another room at a $70 discount, but the room did not have a jacuzzi like we reserved or any of the other amenities. The room for discount supposedly had a great view, but overlooked a parking lot and tractor. Bottom line is all of this could have been over looked if Carrie had shown any kind of care or empathy towards our situation. An entire week of planning for a birthday celebration ruined by the Chalet View Lodge. We have a lot of friends and family from the Reno, Sparks and Tahoe area that like to get away to the Davis and Frenchman lake areas. The Chalet View Lodge will not be recommended our used. However, once complete the Feather River Inn down the road is looking pretty good and will hopefully have better customer service.

Amanda in the Spa 5 stars on professionalism and attitude. Sorry we didn't gt to use your services.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kameron C
Carrie H, Owner at Chalet View Lodge, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
We were very disappointed to find out that a special occasion was ruined by an experience at Chalet View Lodge. It is always our goal to have each and every guest leave satisfied and feeling that they have had a very memorable time at our Resort. Upon this couple's arrival at the Front Desk they did have their confirmation letter with them and they had booked their reservation for the incorrect date. Unfortunately, they had not noticed this prior to their arrival. We encourage guests to double check their confirmation letter to avoid this unfortunate circumstance of not having a room available for them. We did offer them another option along with a substantial discount. They did not communicate how they felt about what we were offering to them which would have enabled us to offer a different solution. Customer satisfaction is our top priority and we would have done whatever we could have to make them happy.
Reno, NV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

We have been twice once in 2007 and again for New Years weekend in 2011/12. We took friends from Los Angeles and had a great weekend! We had a Terrace View Suite while our friends chose a cabin. Good times as we played cards every night in the cabin and had a super fun weekend.

The spa is wonderful and very reasonably priced. We highly recommend it while you are there.

We are heading back this weekend for our anniversary. It is so beautiful up there!

Tracy & Matt

Room Tip: Definitely choose the forest view or terrace view...
1 Thank tupperitaville
Paradise, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

My girlfriend and I had the pleasure of staying at the Lodge December 27 and 28. It was quiet but all accomodations were available to us which could not be said for many places in town. The spa services were first rate and we had a fantastic couples massage. Thank you Amanda! The owner was especially gracious and was our host, bartender and Starbucks guy! We learned a great deal about the area from him and can't wait to return in the summer to bike, play golf and enjoy the pool. The rooms are VERY comfortable and the food was very good despite the fact their head chef was on vacation. They also have a salon on the grounds as well as a first rate exercise club that is open to guests at a minimal cost. A wonderful experience!

2 Thank GregTammy
Portola, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

I am writing this review as we sit in the motel room. We booked for three days and already are thinking about leaving early and just losing the money for the other two nights we booked (you have to cancel a week in advance). The room we have feels like we are staying in someone's garage.. The floor is concrete with no rugs at all (it's winter and very cold), there is no heat in the bathroom, the shower water is warm but not hot, The room was apparently built as a shop (there is a salon next door), so they put an 8' curtain across the storefront that adds to the feeling you are staying in a garage. The shower is a corner shower with a rain type shower head in the ceiling - not high on the wall - but directly overhead in the ceiling. This would be okay if I wanted to wash my hair, but since I have long hair I don't want to wash it everynight. The shower curtain rod is made out of copper water line and the shower curtain stops about 4" short of the threshold - functional, but defintely not luxurious, as it sounded when I read the web site. Bottom line, I would not stay here again. The room is not warm and cozy = and it's hard to feel comfortable when you feel like you are sleeping in a garage.

Chico, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2011

While surfing the internet looking for a place to stay so my wife and I could cut a Christmas Tree, I came across a $99.00 special at the Chalet View Lodge. This included one night's lodging, a tree cutting permit, two glasses of wine in their restaurant if you chose to stay for dinner, and a continental breakfast. I made the reservation and was told that it would be no problem to check in early so we could get our tree permit and have all afternoon to find the perfect tree. When we arrived, the check in clerk had our permit with a map of the areas where we could legally cut a tree. Our room was ready and warm. We were able to find our tree within 5 miles of the lodge and had enough time to relax in our room before dinner. It just got better. Their restaurant was small, maybe 8 tables, but they had a roaring fire, friendly staff, and an interesting menu. The meal started with fresh butternut squash soup, and ended with the best chocolate lava cake I have ever had. Even though this was on a Wednesday night during their off season, the restaurant filled with a combination of lodge guests, and locals that were lucky enough to have discovered the gem in their midst. I will be going back and highly recommend both the accomodations and the dining.

2 Thank Les H
rc_hickman, Owner at Chalet View Lodge, responded to this review, December 10, 2011
It is always rewarding to have guests such as these enjoy their stay. It was such a pleasure to meet them and have the opportunity to talk about life in general, I'm looking forward to their return. Bob
Northern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

Wonderful, charming place. I was traveling to Sierra County and was a little nervous about the hotels in Sierra County - I found this hotel on the edge of Plumas County and so glad I did! Lovely room facing the back of the property - snow on the ground. There is a welcoming feel to the lodge. The rooms were large - with a loft for sitting/reading. Beds comfortable. The room could have been a little cleaner (bobby pin found on the floor and the lotion had been used) but this didn't dampen my feelings for this place. Had dinner/drink in the restaurant. Was a good place to relax, and traveling alone, I felt comfortable and safe. Staff is very friendly and helpful. I look forward to staying at the Chalet View Lodge again with my husband to explore the area a bit more. This lodge is great for single travelers, families (lots of stuff to do around the lodge itself for kids), friends and large groups wanting to get away. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: This location is overflowing with charm - it looks like each room might have it's own charm.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Graeagle
Nakoma Resort
Lake Davis Resort, Cabins & Motel
Gold Pan Lodge
Gold Pan Lodge
#6 of 7 in Quincy

Been to Chalet View Lodge? Share your experiences!