“The Grizzly..great restaurant in Graeagle/Blairsden area”
Review of Grizzly Grill

Grizzly Grill
Ranked #4 of 24 Restaurants in Graeagle
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Northern Virginia
“The Grizzly..great restaurant in Graeagle/Blairsden area”
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Just back from a week in the Graeagle area. Lots of average restaurants for the Sierra's and some good ones as well...but happened on a fabulous one....The Grizzly. Actually it is in Blairsden, just off Hwy 70 about two minutes from Graeagle.

Very nice, clean, but not super fancy nor expensive. Two of us got the lamb shank which was the best I have ever eaten. It came over a bed of white beans, spinach, onions, etc and the flavor was out of this world. Another got the Salmon which was a perfect 10 on the scale. They had a good wine list, with moderately priced wines by the glass.

The Chef/Owner (Lynn) stopped by the table to check on us and gave us a little background... she was trained at the Calif Culinary institute and worked some top places before she established this place 15 years ago. She suggested the special desert that night, hot blueberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream. It was heaven.

Dont miss this place if you are in the area. You will love it.

Nevada
“Generally Excellent but... Highly disappointed on this trip.”
Reviewed April 28, 2009

As an out of towner, we generally stay in the Greagle/Blairsden area and visit the Grizzly each trip. (5-6 times) This particular evening was a 70th birthday, party of 4, that I booked 3 weeks in advance and in fact stopped by the afternoon of the party to confirm. First name on the list and even saw the notation regarding the B-Day. Good to go!!! Until we arrived for dinner. The feeling I was left with was, if your not a local or in the know, you get the backseat.
Parties that did not have reservations were seated in front of us, one being a group of 10. Three parties seated after us were done with their meals before we received our salads. The cook (not Chef) tried to convince our server that the rare piece of meat I received was the end cut that I ordered. Server did not know any better and said they slice the ends off. As an ex-owner of a well respected steakhouse, this was un- exceptable and realized now why our meal took so long. Soaking a rare piece of meat in au jus for thirty minutes will not turn it into an endcut. At this point the entire staff stayed away from our table for 10-15min. By the time I was able to order something else, the rest of the party was finished eating.
Well, we still had some type of B-Day dessert coming...... The server did not know about it!!! Even though the owner took my reso, made the notation and assured me there would be something done to commemorate the evening. I was somewhat embarrassed by the events. Now, in all fairness, I knew this was not typical. The food was very good as usual, inspite of my issue. The breakdowns occurred due to being understaffed and a LACK of communication between various members of the staff. As I feel the server was embarrassed, she was pleasant and tried which I acknowledged with an above average gratuity. I have always recommended the Grizzly to friends and family and maybe this was just bad luck. We will be back sometime and hope I am not left with a second class feeling in the future.

2 Thank Michael G
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“A little gem in Blairsden and the area. Good portion and food cooked just right”
Reviewed November 21, 2008

A little gem in Blairsden and the area. Good portion and food cooked just right

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook