“Just like my mama used to make”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Carreta - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Carreta
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
“Just like my mama used to make”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012 via mobile

We were craving Mexican tonight so we found this on trip advisor and liked the reviews. I ordered the chicken enchilada and when they were served I could smell the homemade sauce like my mama used to make! They were delicious ,my hubby order the chili verde and he could not stop eating it ,the beans were very authentic . The wait was a little long but we did not mind because thee food is prepared fresh and piping hot,the way we like it. The place is very small and the decor is nice , maybe reserve a table first. Wish they had margaritas, but good wine and beer selection.

1 Thank Martha M

Santa Barbara, California
“Authentic, family owned & operated Guadalajara style Mexican food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

I have lived and worked throughout all 32 states in Mexico for 10-years in the food industry and can say La Carreta is the real deal when it comes to home made, scratch regional cooking. It's a 15-year old "Mamacita - Papacito" family run restaurant where the pride in quality shows in every authentic breakfast, lunch and dinner item. It's a "fave" with my UCSB professor friends. I find students there enjoying their burritos and the best testimonial of all;...Mexicans ordering the Guadalajara seafood specials and Carne Asada plates. This is where I bring visitors looking for authentic Mexican food. -
Stephen Ringler.

• Visited March 2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Delicious Mexican seafood place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2008

Delicious Mexican seafood place.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Yummy seafood quesadilla. A great low-cost Mexican place. My second favorite after La Super-Rica”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2008