“The BEST Sushi in town...and great atmosphere.”
Review of Takenoya - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Well, truth be told, my friends and I actually call this place "Tacky-Annoy-Ya" but it's out of LOVE!! The decor is actually fun...the neon-like LED decorated fake trees and deer sculpture just cracks us up, but again...we love it. Inside are big comfy booths, or tables that can fit large groups. What to say about the food?? We are partial to sashimi and it is ALWAYS fantastically fresh and fabulous. The party boats are a great option for families who have different tastes. My 7 year old and husband love the teriyaki beef or chicken and the tempura. I like the sushi. We all like the miso, salad, and green tea ice cream that comes included! The Bento Box is great for people who want a variety! Overall, I can say, that I have never had a bad experience at Tacky. The service can be slow...but we're never sure if it's the "not rushing you" variety or actual slow service. We mostly think the former. It's not fast food...particularly with a custom sashimi or sushi order. ENJOY!!!

Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

We stopped in 5 minutes before they were closing for the lunch hour. They served us with a smile. The spicy tuna roll was delicious. I ate beef ramen yakiniku and it was superb. The vegetable udon was ordered by someone in our party who has been to Japan and she deemed the dish authentic. I would highly recommend this restaurant

Reviewed April 23, 2012

When my fiance wanted to go to Takenoya in Goleta, I was hesitant. I am not a sushi lover. To my great surprise, sushi is only a small part of what they have to offer. Many Chinese and a wide variety of other dishes lace the menu. I had the beef teriyaki which was well portioned and delicious. The meat was obviously barbequed and had a great smokey flavor underlying the sweet teriyaki. My fiance thoroughly enjoyed the sushi as well and we promised to return. The only criticism i would offer is the young waiter was not very attentive. He never looked over to see if we needed anything, and on one occasion I actually had to get up and chase him down. No matter - the food was that good - we'll go back!

1  Thank Kevin H
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 20, 2008

It's not even almost authentic Japanese food. But It works. They have great prices.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook