“Just like I remebered”

El Rincon Bohemio
Ranked #61 of 141 Restaurants in Goleta
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had not been there in 10 years, however, it was just as good. I had a burrito and my wife shrimp enchiladas. My wife said they were the best she has had in some time and burrito was better then what I typically get out in AZ.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and I stopped here for dinner on our drive from L.A. to Napa. It's not right off the highway, but we went here on the suggestion of some locals who we were chatting with when we stopped in Goleta to have a tire changed on our rental car (don't ask). It was cheap and delicious. I had enchiladas, rice, and beans, and my husband had chile rellenos. Be warned, though - it is a LOT of food! I don't know why I even attempted to finish it all since we had a long drive ahead of us right after dinner. I'm glad my husband was driving, because I promptly fell asleep in the passenger seat from a food coma.

The place was delicious and I would recommend it for anyone in Goleta/Santa Barbara (hopefully not due to a flat tire, like we were) who wants cheap Mexican food. Beware the huge portions, though!

Reviewed July 3, 2011

We dine here from out of town visiting Santa Barbara, and we are used to California traditional authentic Mexican food like great burrito, enchilada, chile verde, el pastor....etc.

This is no better than Taco Bell except higher prices and hole in the wall kind of places. This is for "Gringo" who wants fajitas and burrito at higher prices.We should have purchased our meals from Taco Bell around the corner.

Reviewed March 10, 2011

I've eaten at El Rincon Bohemio a number of times. My wife always gets a typical combination of a taco and enchilada which she always enjoys. I think their combo food is very typical and average. However, what makes this restaurant worth going to are the specialties. If you choose one, skip the salad and opt for the Albondigas soup which is a traditional Mexican meatball soup. The Chili Colorado, Chili Verdi, Steak ala Mexicana, and the Carne Asada are all good, I particularly like the Carnitas there.

Reviewed April 3, 2010

I've lived in the 'hood for a few months and walked by El Rincon a zillion times, finally Gal Pal and I went there. We got Enchiladas Camerones [shrimp] meals with soft drinks, tipped the really quick and congenial waitress a nice 20% and the whole bill was $30 and change... not bad really... the rice was tender, the refries were pretty good, what can you say about refries, like refries are going to differ a lot from one meal to the next? It's just basic So Cal Mexican food, the portions are generous, Gal Pal was saying she wouldn't be eating until well into tomorrow!! I would have liked to have seen a non-alcoholic beer on the menu, that is the only shortcoming I experienced. To me a Mexican meal without the taste of some cerveza is wrong somehow! I can't drink alcohol at all but an O'Doul's would have complemented the meal nicely....

The decor is interesting.. The word "honest" came to mind. I just felt like the decor was simple and honest! Not many places do that for me, it was interesting what I was feeling... the lighting is fairly bright, the colors are southwestern of course, it's a pleasant enough place overall...

1  Thank maxpi

Been to El Rincon Bohemio? Share your experiences!