“We'd Stay Here Again, Anytime!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS South Coast Inn

BEST WESTERN PLUS South Coast Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Goleta
Escondido, CA
“We'd Stay Here Again, Anytime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

We used the BW Southcoast Inn as a stop over on our way to and from camping in Big Sur. One reason we initially decided to stay there was because they could accommodate parking for our RV along the street next to the hotel. It was a very quiet neighborhood so we felt safe leaving the RV parked there. The hotel grounds were beautifully manicured with sculptured bushes and interesting statues hidden in the landscaping around every turn. The pool area was very spacious with a hot tub and ping pong table. The lobby was nicely decorated, the staff was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast had a lot of choices with a nice area to sit comfortably. Our rooms were nicely decorated, the beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were very clean. The location of this hotel was very convenient for walking to restaurants and grocery shopping and has easy access to the freeway. They don't have room service, but they do offer a service that you can use to order a large variety of food from nearby restaurants that are delivered which was very convenient. We'd stay here again anytime!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
reno
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

I was very pleased with my stay at this hotel. The grounds are beautiful and immaculately kept. The pool area was very nice and relaxing. I was especially impressed with the outdoor seating areas where you can enjoy your breakfast which is definitely a step up from your average hotel breakfast. They include hot entrees and two very roomy indoor and outdoor areas in which to enjoy it.

The hotel staff on both check-in and check-out were very helpful in answering my questions about the immediate area and seeing Santa Barbara.

The room was very nice and clean with all amenities. Wish all Best Westerns were this nice - I use my rewards card a lot and have been able to get free nights on several occasions.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
pleasant hill
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

We stayed here because a close friend was getting married. We drove down with a 22 mos old and a 7 week old baby from Nor Cal the day of the wedding with 2 hours to spare before the wedding started. While I was feeding my baby on the bed I noticed a little bug on the sheet, I called my husband over to kill and and when he did blood smeared on the bed. Immediately we called the front office and asked them to come see, we think there are bed bugs in the room. They showed up, confirmed it was bed bugs, apologized and offered us another room for the night and said our night would be comped, we wouldn't have to pay for it. With 45 min before the wedding we had to pack up everything we just unpacked and drag it from our room to another one down the hall.
The next day at check-out the staff said he couldn't refund us the money because we paid through a 3rd party booking site. Fine, we contacted the third party and they said they would need to contact the hotel directly to confirm they agreed to the refund for the night. Okay, we do that. All of a sudden the manager changes his tune and said that they didn't find bed bugs so they weren't going to agree to the refund! So basically calling us liars and offering no compensation for the last minute room switch. I am appalled at the fact that we were exposed to bed bugs and still had to pay for a room that they offered us a refund for. If I knew they wouldn't refund us our money we would have left and not stayed there that night at all. I have never had such horrible customer service from such a large corporation at Best Western and did not see this coming at all. I am disappointed that we had to experience such disrespect all for the sake of one night's hotel stay. Do not stay here if you expect to be treated fairly.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank arkondon
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2010

Very clean room and lobby. Great breakfast with big variety of hot & cold food. Friendly staff. The patio at the side of the hotel is a great little place to eat breakfast and relax. Beautiful plants in a well tended garden. Like all SB area hotels it's a little pricey but worth it for easy access to SB, the beach.etc. Watch for oil pellets on the beach. It can ruin your shoes on the soles. The oil comes out of the bluffs naturally. The Indians used it for their canoes. Visit the Misson in SB. It's one of the nicest in CA. It has a nice little museum.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

Great location. Motel was easy access from main highway and about 5 minutes to Goleta Beach. Room with 2 queen beds was clean, and well furnished with free wi-fi, refrig, microwave, flat screen TV, coffee/tea maker, iron, and hairdryer. Room decor was updated to replicate higher end hotels. Grounds were very nicely maintained with a resort feel, including a decent swimming pool. Lobby and patio areas where breakfast was served were comfortable. Included continental breakfast offered a nice selection of breads, muffins and hot entrees included egg omelet and sausages. Staff was very friendly and helpful. More expensive than other hotels in area, but worth it. One negative - weekend room rate was 33% higher than middle of the week.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Tucson, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

I recently traveled to the Santa Barbara/Goleta area for a 17-day business trip and conference at UCSB. Our entire staff stayed at the South Coast Inn. From the time we arrived, the staff worked their hardest to answer all our questions about the area, and satisfied all our requests. The room was clean and quiet; the breakfast was more than just your standard continental breakfast, and it was a plus to have coffee, lattes, and hot chocolate available at any time in the lobby. The lobby/breakfast area was a great place to eat a take-out dinner, or visit with other guests, and the pool and hot tub were clean and inviting. This hotel is very convenient if you are visiting UCSB, and has a free shuttle to the campus and SB Airport.
I would stay here again if I were in the Goleta/Santa Barbara area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Orange County, Ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2010

Spiders! We really love our room and service at this hotel and we are just packing up to leave but then we found two spiders on the bed! Yikes. I don't have arachnaphobia, so it is fine with me and I, also, understand that pests are sometimes out of their control but I still think it should be noted. Actually, now I am getting a little annoyed because it is 815 am in the morning and the housekeepers are running the vaccuum in the adjoining room as I type. My friend, who is still sleeping, just said " what is going on??? Don't they know I am sleeping? "
as of 820 am, I am not loving this hotel as much as I thought!
Positives- bed is super comfy. Room is clean, location is amazing for visiting Santa Barbara!

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank soccr62949
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara
Courtyard Santa Barbara Goleta
Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta
Kimpton Goodland
Kimpton Goodland
#6 of 10 in Goleta
BEST WESTERN PLUS Pepper Tree Inn
Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS South Coast Inn? Share your experiences!