Best Western Plus South Coast Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara(Goleta)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Summer Inn at UCSB(Santa Barbara)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewssanta barbaraespresso machineping pong tablebest westernsucsb campusyogurttrader joespool areathe breakfast areanice poolgreat place to stayrooms are cleanpool and hot tubfree breakfastwould stay here againno elevatorwe've stayed
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Our family has stayed at Best Western South Coast Inn several times over the past 4 years. Very clean. They have a pool and hot tub. Their breakfast menu (which is included) is large. Everything you can think of, eggs, sausage, cereal, juices, muffins etc. very friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: I have always stayed on the second floor, and its always been pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
South-Coast I, Manager at Best Western Plus South Coast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 805.967.3200.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the review. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a good place to stay if you are trying to save a little money and not stay in Santa Barbara. Its about 5-10 minutes from State street in Santa Barbara. If you are looking for a clean place to crash while you are out visiting the town I would recommend it. But it is just the basics. The beds are clean. The bathrooms are a bit small. It is a bit out dated. So, I wouldn't recommend this place for a romantic getaway. The grounds and pool are nice. It has your typical continental breakfast. Some others complained about noise from the freeway but I did not have that problem. We had a room towards the back of the hotel. It has a decent TV and a DVD player.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Recently enjoyed a nice weekend stay in Santa Barbara CA at the BW South Coast Inn. Location was excellent and the facility is in excellent condition including a nice swimming pool . Room was clean and well appointed. Staff was very attentive and friendly. Will plan to stay there again on my next visit to the area. Highly recommended for families.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
South-Coast I, Manager at Best Western Plus South Coast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

We are so glad that you stayed with us on your recent trip to Santa Barbara. Thank you for taking the time to leave a nice review for us. We are happy that you enjoyed our great staff and wonderful amenities! We hope to have you backa gain soon!

Thanks,

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3-nights for business with some colleagues. Generally nice, although feels a little like a motel. Rooms very spacious and well equipped if a tiny bit outdated.

Hotel was undergoing a refurb (feb 13) and felt like a good place! Nice pool and spa, breakfast was busy but plenty of food. A nice gesture with free water, coffee etc 24 hours.

I would go back- try it!

• Stayed: February 2013
South-Coast I, Manager at Best Western Plus South Coast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Hi,

Thank you!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is the second time we stayed here. We will not return for the following reasons: The rooms are difficult to heat when the weather is cold. The heater makes a loud noise. The lights on the smoke alarms flash all night. The manager told us this could not be corrected. The beds are worn out and sagging. The bathroom had water damage and was very cold. The breakfast is o.k., however the layout of the dining area is poor. There are doors that open automatically from 2 sides and if the weather is cold there is a constant blast of cold air every time someone walks in front of the door. Also, construction companies house their employees there. So if you want an early breakfast, the dining area is very crowded and the ambiance is dreadful. If you want to stay in Goleta, spend a bit more and stay at the Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a 2nd floor courtyard room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank losborn

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your time here with us.. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 805.967.3200.

Thanks,