“just the basics”

Best Western Plus South Coast Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a good place to stay if you are trying to save a little money and not stay in Santa Barbara. Its about 5-10 minutes from State street in Santa Barbara. If you are looking for a clean place to crash while you are out visiting the town I would recommend it. But it is just the basics. The beds are clean. The bathrooms are a bit small. It is a bit out dated. So, I wouldn't recommend this place for a romantic getaway. The grounds and pool are nice. It has your typical continental breakfast. Some others complained about noise from the freeway but I did not have that problem. We had a room towards the back of the hotel. It has a decent TV and a DVD player.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
South-Coast I, Manager at Best Western Plus South Coast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 805.967.3200.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the review. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Recently enjoyed a nice weekend stay in Santa Barbara CA at the BW South Coast Inn. Location was excellent and the facility is in excellent condition including a nice swimming pool . Room was clean and well appointed. Staff was very attentive and friendly. Will plan to stay there again on my next visit to the area. Highly recommended for families.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
South-Coast I, Manager at Best Western Plus South Coast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

We are so glad that you stayed with us on your recent trip to Santa Barbara. Thank you for taking the time to leave a nice review for us. We are happy that you enjoyed our great staff and wonderful amenities! We hope to have you backa gain soon!

Thanks,

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3-nights for business with some colleagues. Generally nice, although feels a little like a motel. Rooms very spacious and well equipped if a tiny bit outdated.

Hotel was undergoing a refurb (feb 13) and felt like a good place! Nice pool and spa, breakfast was busy but plenty of food. A nice gesture with free water, coffee etc 24 hours.

I would go back- try it!

• Stayed: February 2013
South-Coast I, Manager at Best Western Plus South Coast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Hi,

Thank you!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is the second time we stayed here. We will not return for the following reasons: The rooms are difficult to heat when the weather is cold. The heater makes a loud noise. The lights on the smoke alarms flash all night. The manager told us this could not be corrected. The beds are worn out and sagging. The bathroom had water damage and was very cold. The breakfast is o.k., however the layout of the dining area is poor. There are doors that open automatically from 2 sides and if the weather is cold there is a constant blast of cold air every time someone walks in front of the door. Also, construction companies house their employees there. So if you want an early breakfast, the dining area is very crowded and the ambiance is dreadful. If you want to stay in Goleta, spend a bit more and stay at the Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a 2nd floor courtyard room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank losborn

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your time here with us.. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 805.967.3200.

Thanks,

Reviewed February 7, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Tracey M

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We planned a 4-day getaway travelling as far as Cambria for two nights and spending one night in the Santa Barbara area. In checking prices and reviews for Santa Barbara for one night, a Saturday, I was discouraged by the high prices and the many negative reviews as well as the no one-night reservations on the weekend. Knowing that Goleta was just about a ten minute drive north, I decided to check hotels in that area and settled on the Best Western Plus South Coast right off Highway 101. The price was right with our AAA discount so I booked it. What a pleasant surprise! The hotel is large and beautiful, the staff is lovely and gracious, the dining room pleasant, the food selection was plentiful and tasty and the room was very comfortable with a wonderful bed. The hotel offers free parking and free wi-fi. Fresh baked cookies are set out in the late afternoon and we arrived at just that time so enjoyed a warm cookie as we checked in. The pool area is large and inviting and there is a separate area with a jacuzzi. Just outside the dining room are tables with umbrellas and chairs where you can, on a nice day, enjoy your breakfast or a cup of coffee outdoors. We enjoy a "good" cup of coffee and in the dining area there is a specialty coffee machine that actually grinds the beans before the coffee goes into your cup. There are several choices for the coffee from regular and decaf to latte, expresso etc. Newspapers are available in the dining room. The hotel is located just off the freeway and we heard no freeway noise at all. From the front of the hotel you really don't see the freeway even though the street parallels the freeway. Since it was dark by the time we got checked in and were ready for dinner we asked one of the young ladies at the front desk for a recommendation. She gave us a few choices and we settled on the Elephant Bar which I'll review separately. Just a little north of the hotel is a business area with a good variety of places to eat, including Outback Steakhouse, Denny's, a few fast food places, Chinese and Mexican. Sunday morning we were back in Santa Barbara in about ten minutes. We will definitely stay at this hotel our next trip to that area.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the second floor and in a quiet area. We faced west toward the pool and we he...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TCall

Thanks so much for posting a great review. We are really grateful, and so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We loved hearing about how you enjoyed everything from the grounds and the breakfast to the staff and the location. We hope that we are your choice every time you visit the area, and we look forward to having your back again. Please contact me direct with any needs for your next visit.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

This place really has it all for the business traveler, free parking, free wifi in all areas, free high quality breakfast at a good corporate rate. Whats not to like here? It is a good location - you can get anywhere you need too quickly. Its close to the airport. They have a van to the airport if you need it and they will take you limited places around. There are places to eat close by for dinner just down the road. I also signed up for the frequent stayer program - but I forgot the name. The price is reasonable and since I had a rental car. The staff is friendly and helpful. The work out room is new and nice - the pool and hot tub are great. The grounds are nice and well maintained and the entire property is clean. Only down side is highway noise and train goes by once and awhile but pick your room location and work with the front desk to find a quiet room. I will be back every time I go there and I am in Goleta on business frequently - its my go to place. Its a nice break from the pompous full fare places that give you less and charge you more. This is how its supposed to be done.

Room Tip: work with the front desk to find a place where you dont hear the highway and train - they will know...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank AZbizguy
South-Coast I, Manager at Best Western Plus South Coast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

We are so glad that you took time out of your day to give us such a great review. We could not have written it better ourselves! Ha ha ha! We really appreciate our return guests and are so happy that we have impressed you enough to make us your "go-to" hotel in Goleta!! Thank you so much.

AGM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara
Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta
Kimpton Goodland
Kimpton Goodland
#6 of 12 in Goleta
Courtyard Santa Barbara Goleta
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn
Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real

Been to Best Western Plus South Coast Inn? Share your experiences!