WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS South Coast Inn

BEST WESTERN PLUS South Coast Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Goleta
South Pole
“This hotel has brought me back to the Best Western chain again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed here over the weekend for an event I attended at UCSB. Before staying here I didn't know that hotel prices are much more reasonable in Goleta than in Santa Barbara proper. The drive time that the savings will cost you is 10 minutes. This place is better than the best/new Holiday Inn Express you would ever stay, and trust me I used to be a multi year platinum Priority Club elite guest. The rooms are very clean with DVD player, microwave and refrigerator. I found a great rate online at their web site. I used to stay out of the SB area due to the price of lodging, but the South Coast Inn has made me a believer of staying in Goleta!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
South-Coast I, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS South Coast Inn, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you so much for the GLOWING review! We are so glad that we could offer you the Best Best Western experience and that we have sold you on Goleta! We love hearing when we have really impressed a guest, and we look forward to having you back again soon.

Thanks again,

AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Reston, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

This hotel is very convenient to Santa Barbara without the Santa Barbara price tag. Beginning with the front desk staff, the stay was quite pleasant. The room was large & clean. I left my jacket there by mistake, rang the hotel a day later to report my forgetfulness & rec'd a call back hours later with an assurance that the housekeeper found it. The kind gentleman on the other end took all my info & said he'd send it to me later that day. I would definitely stay here again & highly recommend this hotel. Go to The Natural Inn in Goleta for a fabulous meal!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Hello,
Thank you so much for taking time to review us. I really appreciate all the nice things that you had to say about our property, and we look forward to having you back when you come to visit Santa Barbara. We are glad that you were able to get your jacket!

PS.....the Natural Cafe is one of our favorite places to eat, too! ;)

Thanks,

Santa Barbara, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

We love to stay here when we visit Santa Barbara. The location is convenient to shopping and restaurants. The staff is very friendly and we love the breakfast buffet. It is a great place to get away for a day or longer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Suecitysal
South-Coast I, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS South Coast Inn, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
We are so glad that you love our property! We hope that you keep coming back, and are so grateful to have you as a returning guest. Please let me know if I can ever be of any assistance.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

From check-in, helping out, to check-out, the front-desk was always friendly and helpful. The shuttle service was very much appreciated and efficient. The breakfast was adequate. Rooms provided much more amenities (ironing board, microwave) than I would expect for an under $100 hotel, and was clean and relatively quiet (though close to the road). Bed was very comfortable, though the shower was a bit weak. Overall, clean, friendly, equipped, and well worth the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Wert Y
Thank you so much for the great review. Our front desk staff will appreciate the compliments on their service. We work hard to provide our guests with great service and amenities.

Thanks so much,

Rochester, New York, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Positives: Very comfortable room and extremely nicely updated bath with a truly excellent shower. The location and view are unbeatable.
Negatives: As with any outside entrance hotel, the carpet is somewhat questionable. The blower unit on the heating/cooling system is obtrusive when it kicks in. Perhaps because I was very tired, it did not wake me during the night, however.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello! We love that you took the time to post a review for us. We appreciate it when our guests let us know what they enjoyed and what we can improve on. You will be glad to know that we are in the process of a remodel, and you may have seen the notice in your room when you were here. One of our upgrades will be to the HVAC system which will be built into the ceiling and have wall controls, which is similar to most homes. We are excited about this change and hope that you will come back and enjoy our many upgrades as we work through the process.

AGM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara
Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta
BEST WESTERN PLUS Pepper Tree Inn
Courtyard Santa Barbara Goleta
Kimpton Goodland
Kimpton Goodland
#6 of 10 in Goleta
BEST WESTERN PLUS Encina Inn & Suites

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS South Coast Inn? Share your experiences!