“Excellent for the price”

Best Western Plus South Coast Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Goleta
Compton
“Excellent for the price”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I was thinking that this would be just another stay at an ordinary hotel, but to my surprise, it greatly exceeded my expectations. For the price, it was very nice. The staff was so helpful and could not have been kinder. The complimentry breakfast consisted of waffles, muffins, yogurt, coffee, cereal, orange juice, etc. There was so much variety. The hotel is just beautiful. The rooms are very nice. However, the only negative thing I can say about it is that the rooms are a bit old. The floors are damaged and there were scratches and some hairs in the bathtub. Overall, I am very happy that I stayed here. I will definitely come here again.

• Stayed May 2012
South-Coast I, Manager at Best Western Plus South Coast Inn, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of the hotel. We love the feedback, and it is great to hear where we are impressing you and where we can make improvements. Thanks again for taking the time to leave your comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Torrance, California
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I stayed here with my family over the weekend and had a very nice stay. The staff quickly brought a crib for my 1 year old when I requested one. The room was not large, but clean and had a microwave, which was convenient. There was plenty of parking. The free hot breakfast was very convenient and the coffee machine that makes lattes, cappuccinos and hot chocolate was popular with most of the guests - I took advantage of it 3 times during our stay. Quick check in and check out. No wifi, but the front desk provided a cable for high speed internet. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
We are so glad that you enjoyed your time here. We love having families like yours stay at the hotel. We are grateful that you took the time to leave the comments about our great breakfast and our ever so popular coffee machine. We hope that you can come and visit again soon so that you can try out the brand new wi-fi system we are putting in this week!

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed there while visiting Santa Barbara for a weekend wedding. We found the area lodging rather expensive but this place was reasonable. The rooms were very clean. The staff was friendly. The beds were very comfortable. The grounds are very well kept. The landscaping is exceptional. We even found some of the bushes shaped like animals - something you would find at Disney properties. Convenient location. You could walk to Denny's (24 hour) restaurant and several other businesses. Also, offered a very good breakfast, included in the price of the room. My first experience in a Best Western. Will try this chain again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your glowing response. We are so happy when our guests can take the time to enjoy the hard wook that we put into the gardens and topiaries! We are also glad that you had the time to enjoy breakfast. Please come back and stay again!

Perris, California
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Rooms are nice with up to date tv/dvd to enjoy your time in. Small fridge, but large enough to keep food cold for the luchbox. Microwave small too. Nice cup coffee makers that shut off on their own after brewing. Extremely clean with good room service. Beds in my room though a little soft and uncomfortable and my collegues had the same problem in their rooms. My work day starts @ 6am, and breakfast isn't served until 6:30 so can't rate that. Walking distance to stores though. 101 freeway close by and only heard traffic when outside, otherwise nice and quiet.

Room Tip: Rooms on west side a little warm in the afternoon with the sun hitting the windows.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay with us. We are so glad that you were able to enjoy the many amenities we have in the room, such as the TV, DVD player, fridge and microwave. We are sorry that you were not able to take in our great breakfast and we hope that next time you stay, we can arrange for that.

Look forward to having you stay again,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed here on the last night of our 2 week tour of the west coast. The hotel is lovely, the rooms are clean and the grounds are well tended. After a long journey we were disappointed to find there was no restaurant on site. The receptionist suggested a bar a few blocks away but when we got there it was closed. We noticed another bar across the road called the nugget. This bar turrned out to be the perfect ending to a perfect holiday. The Nugget was brilliant, good food and exceptionally friendly staff. If you need to eat I would totally recommend this place, it's a little gem.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Potsie52
Thank you so much for leaving your comments on your stay. We are so glad that you had a great time here, and that you enjoyed what we do have to offer. We are sorry that we do not have a reastaurant on site, but we are happy that you were able to enjoy one of the many restaurants within walking distance. The Nugget is definiteley a great place to grab a bite!

Medford, Oregon
Reviewed May 1, 2012

This might be the best Best Western in which I have ever stayed. Several elderly fraternity brothers and spouses descended on this place in late April 2012. Imaculate grounds, friendly staff, just a first class experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for your great review! We hope that you can come back again for your next get together.

Bay Village
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The grounds and pool are just stunning. It is, by any standard I know, a fine hotel. .

But, the least expensive rooms are pretty small. I had a single out back and I wouldn't have liked it much smaller.

That in mind, you'll love it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the feedback on your stay with us. We are grateful for your compliment on our grounds and pool. We work very hard to keep them beautiful and enjoyable! We are sorry that you needed more space then our rooms provide. We are working hard to make the rooms more efficient and spacious in our current remodel plans and hope that you can come back to enjoy them!

AGM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara
Kimpton Goodland
Kimpton Goodland
#6 of 11 in Goleta
Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta
Courtyard Santa Barbara Goleta
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn
Best Western Plus Encina Lodge & Suites

Been to Best Western Plus South Coast Inn? Share your experiences!