“Hot Spot on The Pacific Coast”

Best Western Plus South Coast Inn
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Very good hotel. We stay one night during a trip on the Pacific Coast. Spacious room with a double queen bed, separate bathroom. Large pool with chairs and sunbeds. Very nice garden. Good breakfast in the morning, and also good services. It's a good location for visiting Santa Barbara area, even we are not impressed abou it. Much better to stay some hours in San Luis Obisopo which is about two hours drive North. A typical surfer's village!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gatto67
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus South Coast Inn

Reviewed August 10, 2011

The South Coast Inn is way above average for the Best Western chain. This was the only hotel available in the Santa Barbara area the weekend of July 16th for less than $200 a night. The grounds are meticulously maintained and very beautiful. Definitely ask for a room facing the pool area. The jacuzzi was large, hot and clean. Plenty of towels and chairs at the pool. Breakfast was busy but found everything I wanted and more. Front desk people are a bit cold. Room was great, nice bed and good tv selection. I would stay here again anytime. I usually stay at the West Beach Inn in Santa Barbara when it has vacancies but this is my next choice. It is outside of downtown SB but I was born and raised here so I know my way around and a couple of miles is no big deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a second story pool view.
1  Thank fnrtraveler
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We've stay here several times over the years, and overall, it's been a satisfactory experience. But for the price we pay, we do expect a decent breakfast bar. Both mornings after 8:00 there was no fruit, few muffins, either watery or no coffee, no yogurt. Complaints at the counter produced a shrug of the shoulders. Not worth all the money!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2011

The Pacifica Suites was full for this year's swim race so we chose the Best Western. The staff was being very surly to a potential customer when we checked in. THey we polite enough to me until I asked for a ground floor room (which I had requested during the reservation) then I got a brush off and a second floor room. THe room was clean the lamps were broken but the remaining lights were good enough. The breakfast the next morning was quite good with a variety of eggs and other food served early. The staff on checkout were friendly and polite (and made a note of the broken lamps). So I'd consider going bakc but the Pacifica has better breakfast.

Room Tip: avoid rooms facing the highway if you can
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank bizzytraveller
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Our family stayed here for 3 nights during a recent SoCal vacation. Of the 3 hotels we stayed at over the week, this was the best.

The staff greeted us by name, and talked to us like we were all old friends.

Breakfast was very good, great selections. (Get down early for the best selections however, it gets very crowded)

Our kids loved the pool and hot tub!

And the grounds were clean, very well landscaped.

Our only complaint was that the walls were a little thin, but overall a great experience.

Reviewed July 15, 2011

Myself and my husband stayed here for two nights during our honeymoon to be close to santa barbara. Firstly it is not close to santa barbara, a good 10 minute drive away so if you want to focus on santa barbara definately stay in santa barbara not goleta. When we checked in the girl was matter of fact, certainly not welcoming (we had just driven 6 hours to get there) and did not acknowledge the fact that we were even on honeymoon (bad form seeing as I had mentioned it at the time of our booking). I had requested a room overlooking the pool area and was given one facing the carpark not the pool. The room itself was small, very dark and the bathroom not particularly clean although the bed itself was comfortable. We did not use the pool area while there but I had a look and it appeared to be 4* level which was a surprise, clean and well maintained by the look of it. On check out the older man at reception was very nice, smiling and was appreciative of our business (certainly a contrast to the check in experience). We had breakfast before we left and it was good, great coffee, ample breads and muffins, my husband had an omelette (not a fresh one tho, appeared to be some kind of frozen type), sausages and pancakes so he was happy enough.. perfect to start us on the next leg of our journey. Would I stay there again - no..a honeymoon is a once in a lifetime (hopefully!) experience and for it not to be even acknowledged (given the wide choice of hotels and the economic climate we are in) is a deal breaker for me, sorry!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed at the South Coast Inn for 2 nights and felt quite at home.

Whilst the rooms are a little small (4 adults in one room) and dark, at least they are clean and cool.

The breakfast was good (and free) and although it was a holiday weekend, the queues were manageable.

Free WiFiin the rooms and drinks in the lobby always a bonus.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara
Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta
Kimpton Goodland
Kimpton Goodland
#6 of 12 in Goleta
Courtyard Santa Barbara Goleta
Best Western Plus Encina Lodge & Suites
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn

Been to Best Western Plus South Coast Inn? Share your experiences!