Lowest prices for your stay
$231
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline$231
FindHotel$220
ZenHotels.com$317
All reviews record player santa barbara vinyl records station wagon retro vibe social hour ace hotel mid century motel style wine hour pool area is boutique hotel pits lobby ucsb airstream poolside
Selected filters
Reviewed April 21, 2017

The restaurant food was excellent! Fun atmosphere , outdoor dining. I had the ribs, tacos, burrata salad, fried carrot cake! The room was clean. I liked the decor, the records and record player. Very bright room next to the pool, front desk and restaurant service excellent. Unique fun experience, I always stay here when I'm in the area. it's a good alternative to the pricier hotels in Santa Barbara. You won't be disappointed here.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GM_TheGoodlandHotel, General Manager at Kimpton Goodland, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2017

Irene M,

Thank you for the review from your most recent trip to the Goodland and we couldn't agree the atmosphere is fun. We will be sure to share your comments with the team as they love to hear how they are doing. We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed April 20, 2017

I was attending a business meeting in the area and came upon this hotel on Google. I booked the room and was very pleased with this hotel. The theme of the hotel made me want to relax in my room, the bar, and poolside. The hotel has a very relaxed atmosphere and the staff was very friendly. Though the room I booked was not available they did have a room for me. I will stay here again for both business and pleasure.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank W3639LVchristopherc

W3639LVchristopherc,

Thank you for the review from your recent visit to the Goodland and glad to see you found us. We will be sure to share your kind words with the team as they love to hear how they are doing. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed April 16, 2017

We stayed two nights here and loved the vibe of the place. They did a great job giving it a distinct and fun personality. From the record players in the rooms to being able to check out records in the lobby. The free wine tasting on Saturday afternoon was a great bonus and the dj at the pool was really fun for our kids. Funky hotel that is very family friendly and great location to all the great stuff around UCSB and it was also really easy to get to Santa Barbara.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
GM_TheGoodlandHotel, General Manager at Kimpton Goodland, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2017

Wendy K,

Thank you for the review from your recent visit to the Goodland and we agree the vibe is great. Glad to hear you were able to enjoy the property and the amenities offered. We look forward to seeing you back in the future.

Reviewed April 15, 2017

A very unique hotel experience. This boutique hotel has a lot of pros. The fitness center was excellent with very modern equipment. The pool was very nice. The restaurant and bar decour is very well done. My only cons are the low-water pressure in the shower and the thin walls as mentioned in other reviews, though not a dealbreaker. Would stay again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

AWmichaelm,

Thank you for the review from your recent visit to the Goodland and we couldn't agree more that the hotel is unique. We will be sure to have engineering check the water pressure in the room to make sure the pressure is fixed. We look forward to seeing you back in the future.

Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

Traveling is never easy especially when it's for an extended period of time. I recently stayed at The Goodland and one of my first observations was how friendly and engaging the staff was. Mindy,Luann, Chris, Vince, Japrese and Conner at the front desk were always more than willing to assist whenever I needed something.
The restaurant Outpost serves some wonderful dishes . Definitely try the crispy chicken thighs or pork ribs. The wait staff and bartenders were all awesome. Jamie has a great way of describing dishes and making sure you know exactly what you are ordering . Alex makes a great cocktail!
The managers Aaron and Genie made sure to make time to visit guests during dinner service to ensure everyone was happy.
Having stayed with Kimpton before I've come to expect a few things... every property has its own identity and second but most importantly the commitment to a great level of service is top notch. You feel like you are talking to people and not just another employee. The Goodland is a great representation of the Kimpton brand and I would certainly recommend it.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Onethego86,

Thank you for the review from your recent visit to the Goodland. We will be sure to share your kind words with the team as they love to hear how they are doing. We look forward to seeing you back in the future.

General Mananger