Lowest prices for your stay
$207
View deal
Free cancellation until 10/31/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Booking.com$207
Expedia.com$207
ZenHotels.com$275
All reviews record player santa barbara vinyl records station wagon retro vibe social hour ace hotel mid century motel style wine hour pool area is boutique hotel pits lobby ucsb airstream poolside
Selected filters
Reviewed March 1, 2017

Fun Kimpton hotel near UCSB. Love to stay here for mother/daughter weekends because it's so close to campus, yet you feel worlds away. Because it is a converted motel, the rooms can be a little noisy, but it's never been a problem. The funky decor, dj at the pool, late-night firepits and delicious food make it all worthwhile!

Date of stay: April 2016
GM_TheGoodlandHotel, General Manager at Kimpton Goodland, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2017

Paula K,

Thank you for the review from your recent visit to the Goodland and we couldn't agree more the location is great for UCSB. We will be sure to share your kind words with the Outpost team about the delicious food. We look forward to seeing you back in the future.

Reviewed March 1, 2017

If you have a group event to book, DO NOT consider this property. We have stayed at this hotel and it has met our needs in the past, but the group sales department is outrageously unprofessional, immature, petty and not customer focused!

I was trying to rebook our group for an upcoming date. Group sales for this property was non-responsive without multiple attempts at contacting her. She lacks the ability to listen to our groups needs and she was outright rude and confrontational. I book events for my group 6-10 times each year and have never encountered anything like this.

Save yourself valuable time and energy. Don't engage with group sales at this property!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Irie42,

Thank you for the review of the Goodland sales process and sorry to hear of frustration you had. We have received numerous accommodations for our sales team professional demeanor and willingness to go above and beyond for clients. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at the number or email below to discuss the situation further.

robert.cole@thegoodland.com
805-964-3571

Reviewed February 23, 2017

Awesome people and service and cute decor! Kind staff all around, and pretty good restaurant good. The build quality is very much like a quick flip house and I didn't feel comfortable with my groundfloor door leading directly outside or the quality of my room. Pool was under construction when we were there. Sheets were itchy. Basically amazing service, and surface level everything looks great - but 5 star quality is not there yet. Reading other disappointed guest reviews I feel like we pretty much feel the same way.
Also the gym was depressing.

Room tip: Request upstairs room.
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GM_TheGoodlandHotel, General Manager at Kimpton Goodland, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2017

Stormie S,

Thank you for the review from your recent visit and we agree the hotel is cute. Sorry about the pool being re-plastered during your visit but we have finished the work and it looks amazing. We have forwarded your comments to our housekeeping department about the sheet to see what happened. We will be sure to share your feedback with the staff as they love to hear how they are doing. We look forward to seeing you back in the future.

Reviewed February 22, 2017

This is our third visit to the Goodland Hotel by Kimpton. We love the vibe of this hotel from the Airstream Trailer and Woody parked out front to the communal lobby area. The wine hour from 5-6 is a great way to meet other travelers. The restaurant offers a nice selection of meals. We had the special Ramen Bowl and loved it. This hotel pays nice attention to detail and is very consistent. The staff is friendly and welcoming. Our daughter is a student at UCSB, so we expect to be back again.

Room tip: Rooms in the courtyard are probably quieter than on the outside of the bldg., but also more expensive.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Debbie M,

Thank you for the review from your recent visit at the Goodland and we couldn't agree more the vibe is great. We will be sure to share your comments with the staff and we look forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2017

I'm not a big fan of Kimpton hotels. A little too trendy and hipster for my tastes. Also, under full disclosure I didn't pay for this visit; it was a business trip. If I had paid for it, I wouldn't be happy, because I'm sure the rooms aren't cheap. The Goodland obviously was a seedy motel in a previous life. The concept behind the hotel is a good idea. Take a little two-story motel and turn it into an easy-to-reach overnight stop. The common areas of the hotel are nice. The lobby is small but efficient, same for the restaurant areas. The rooms at first glance are cute. There's a table, chair, bed and credenza with a little portable record player and a few records you can spin to get that old-time feel. The bed is hard, like most cheap mattresses, which is a shame it's this way. The bed is also low to the ground. There are plugs by the bed, which is good, but one of the USB ports wasn't working.

The bathroom was small, again not a big deal, but I hate the showers that only have a half glass door, and the rest is open. I like to take a shower where I can warm up, and you can't with no door. Also, the floor is made up of rock, which sounds good in theory and looks nice, but is truly painful to stand on when trying to shower. Plus the shower controls are right under the shower head and it's not possible to turn them on and not get wet. The shelf in the shower is full of giant bottles of shampoo and conditioner, and body wash, which leaves zero room for anything you'd like to use in the shower. Plus, I got a towel that had yellow stains on it, and the bathroom mirror could be a lot cleaner than it was. The paint in the bathroom looked chipped and it wasn't a room that I'd pay more than Motel 6 rates for.

The one shining star was the food. It was delicious. And the bartenders at night go above and beyond, as does the entire staff. So the people are great; the place is subpar for the money.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank BJKilleen

BJKilleen,

Thank you for the review from your recent stay at the Goodland and sorry to hear it didn't live up to expectations. We will be sure to share your comments with our department heads to address the issues you brought up. However we do here from many guest how they love the showers and how comfortable the beds are. We will be sure to share your kind words with the staff as they love to hear how they are doing.