“really nice hampton inn”

Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 8, 2013

staff was nice, breakfast was crowded around 8:30am-9am, waited during check-in for a few minutes, but room smelled fresh and clean. room had fridge and microwave. great stay, only con is slighty high price, but in comparison to other hotels in the area - the difference is significant.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonSBGoleta, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate and value your comments about our hotel as it gives us great feedback on where we are doing well and where we still need a little extra attention. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and great service provided by the team. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you as our guest. Thank you again for your valuable insight on our hotel. Enjoy your day!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Modern, clean, well-designed rooms, friendly and efficient staff, and a good location in Goleta for anyone visiting UCSB. Good breakfast selection, small but well maintained pool. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

You’re comments are so important to us and we appreciate the time you took to provide such a great review. It’s exciting to hear you enjoyed your stay as well as the pool, breakfast, and close proximity to UCSB. It will be our honor to have you as a returning guest and if there is anything I can do to be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly. Have a great day!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Out of the many Hamptons Inns I have stayed at during my many years of traveling, I have never felt so welcomed by the hotel staff. "bree" and "samara" were extremely kind and helpful upon check in, and were able to assist my husband and I in every request we needed. They recommended a great restaurant called "brophys" in santa barbara which was very nice and very good.They were even kind enough to make a reservation for him and I. Besides the excellent customer service, the rooms are spacious and CLEAN! The gym in the facility was very spacious and nice as well! Free internet, coffee, and the breakfast has variety and is delicious! Overall this is by far one of the best hamptons ive stayed at. Great hotel, extraordinary customer service, and clean. Next time my husband and I are in Santa Barbara area, we are definitely staying there again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonSBGoleta, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent stay and wonderful review on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast and new gym. It means so much to us to provide top notch customer service and I will be sure to share your kind words with Bree and Samara who strive to make each guests stay special. Thank you again and please feel free to contact me directly with any questions. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. Have a great day!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is a great Hampton Inn. New, clean and convenient to surrounding areas. Easy place to stay if you are looking for something less expensive than Santa Barbara. Request a room away from the pool if you don't want late night noise.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. We are excited to hear you enjoyed the clean rooms and convenient location of the hotel. With Santa Barbara only a short distance away Goleta can be a great option for travelers. Thank you again for the great review. If there is any way I can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I’ll be happy to help. Have a great day!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Outstanding customer service. I took a team to Santa Barbara for a high school volleyball tournament. The team at the Hampton took care fo everything including helping us find a local Italian restaurant to cater in a meal for our team. I highly recommend the Hampton in Goleta. Great team- great property.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I’m happy to hear your team enjoyed their stay and catered meal. It’s incredibly important to our team members to satisfy every guest so I will be sure to share your positive comments with them. Thank you again for taking your valuable time to share your experience at our hotel. Best of luck to the team! Have a great day!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Very nice Hampton . Price during week was much higher than normal($200). Our bed was not the most comfortable. But the breakfast was outstanding. Would recommend because it is near airport and just out of town but easy to get anywhere.

1  Thank jbnoack

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Your comments are extremely important to us. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast but would love the opportunity to discuss the experience with the comfort of the bedding. Please contact me directly when most convenient at 805-699-3002 or Denise.Lopez@Hilton.com so I can better understand. Thank you again for your recent stay and we appreciate your time and comments. Have a great day!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I have been loyal guests of the Hilton line of hotels for many years and though we are not weekly travelers on those occasions when we do travel, that we rely on the quality and service of the Hilton name to select our accomodations, as we did on April 11/12, 2013.

We flew into LAX on Thursday night 11 April 2013 with the intention of reaching somewhere near Santa Barbara for a Friday meeting at Noon. We weren't certain how close we would get, so we did not make a specific reservation, but I scanned the web for a Hilton brand hotel that would be nearby for the evening.

At 2:45 AM (4/12/13), exhausted from a long flight and an additional 2 hour drive we made our way to the Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta. As soon as we reached the reception desk, we were informed that the Inn closes at 3:00 AM. Looking at our watches, we noted that the time was 2:45. The receptionist "Brianna" informed us that she had already begun the close out at 2:30 and that she would be unable to provide us a room since the daily batch was closed. We made certain that she was aware that we are loyal Hilton clients and were shocked that we could not have accomodation, even though she admitted to us that there were empty rooms in the hotel and we assured her that we would be out by check out time on Friday. It seems to both my wife and I that Hilton should find a way to satify the customer first, and we were incredibly disturbed at the casual way our business was rejected.

The story for us ended well, we found a room at the Pacifica Suites a short distance from the Hampton Inn and were able to book a small suite for $10 less than the King Room rate at the Hampton, and they served a very delicious breakfast that enhanced our experience. It made us wonder how many other wonderful hotels we might have stayed in all this time.

Both my wife and I have been in customer service businesses for many years. Every day we re-create oursleves, and do whatever is in our power to accommodate the needs of our clients, hopefully before they ask. Our hope is that Hilton will honor its pledge to provide excellent service and train its staff that without customers, the Hilton brand will fail.

1  Thank JKravitz
HamptonSBGoleta, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Family of hotels and deeply apologize we did not reach the level of satisfaction you and your wife expected. The situation described above is not the usual of our hotel and team so I would love opportunity to discuss this in greater detail. Please contact me directly at your earliest convenience either by phone at 805-699-3002 or via email Denise.Lopez@Hilton.com . We strive for 100% satisfaction and it would mean a great deal to me to have the opportunity to rectify this. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Director of Sales