“Nice, clean hotel located in old town Goleta”

Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
Oceanside, California, USA
“Nice, clean hotel located in old town Goleta”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Not far from beach by car. Satisfaction guaranteed- were in a noisy room and were moved to a quieter room. Newer hotel so bathrooms are very modern and clean & lots of towels. Large rooms. Great A/C. Refrigerator and microwave in rooms. Staff quick to correct any problems. Large breakfast is complimentary. Would prefer a different area of town. This part of Goleta is old and run down.

Room Tip: If traveling as a couple, ask to be placed in a quiet room away from families with young children...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wileygreen1
HamptonSBGoleta, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your valuable time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I apologize for the noise you experienced during your recent stay. I’m happy our Guest Service Agents resolved this quickly for you and you were able to enjoy the other great features and amenities of the hotel such as the complimentary hot breakfast and the guest room refrigerators and microwaves. Thank you again for your time and recent stay. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance. Have a great day!

Cordially,

Denise.Lopez@Hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Ive never had any issues at a Hampton Inn and this was no exception. Rooms were incredibly clean, bathroom was well-stocked with towels, shampoo, conditioner etc, bed was comfortable and there wasn't any issues with anything during our stay. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Hampton is always my "go to" place.

Very close to UCSB so it's an easy trip right to the school. MINUTES away.

Room Tip: I don't think that there are any BAD locations for a room in this hotel. We had a room next to...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review and continued loyalty to our Hampton Family. It means so much to us to hear you had a great time and enjoyed the amenities and smiling faces of the Team. They work so hard so I know they will be excited to hear your comments. Thank you again. Have a great day!

Warm Regards,

Pomona, CA
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The breakfast was A . They offered a huge selection and kept the food well stocked with a great selection of hot and cold items. They were very accommodating to kids too. We stayed with our basketball team and they were very patient with the large group of kids.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your recent experience by reviewing us on TripAdvisor. I’m thrilled to hear your family and team enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast. Thank you again for your time and recent stay at our hotel. We hope to see you again soon. Have a great day!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I like Hampton Inns. But this one is amongst the best. Very large rooms. Comfortable beds. Great staff. Wonderful breakfast. Not in the main part of Santa Barbara, but close enough. Worth checking out.

• Stayed March 2013
Aptos, California
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn for the first time while visiting our daughter at UCSB. I was totally impressed with the level of decor throughout the entire hotel. I'm really affected by the look and feel of the decor of a place, and all I can say is this hotel is really tastefully done, with extremely nice furniture, carpeting, flooring, and wall art. It has a great feeling, and was really clean. We had a room overlooking the pool, and it was a nice view, although a little loud a couple of times in the late evening when people were out there swimming and talking. I liked that I could actually open the window and let fresh air in, and not have to depend on the air conditioner to get air in the room. And the desk in the room was HUGE, and perfect for my husband who needed to get some work done. Also, there was a nice size fridge which we love since we always bring a lot of extra food with us, and the fridge was kept quiet, though, by being inside a cabinet. I also liked the huge selection of toiletries in the bathroom, and the fact that they were willing to provide any missing toiletry if there was something else we needed. And..... the breakfast was great! I usually skip the unhealthy, pure white flour and sugar "continental" breakfasts served at most hotels, but this breakfast actually included healthy options like actual cooked oatmeal, yogurt, and fruit, as well as egg dishes, waffles, etc. It was very complete, and my only complaint was they ran out of fruit our second morning there, and no one seemed capable of finding me anymore. I wish they'd had organic foods, but oh, well, it was still a great spread!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool have a really nice view, and are quiet, except if there are people at the pool...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The place is located right off the 101 and 217 freeway so it is super close to UCSB and the freeway for quick on and off. The hotel is nice clean and spacious and the people are SUPER nice. I use to live in SB for 4 years and came up just for the weekend to visit friends and hang out downtown. The taxi cab ride downtown is about $40 with tip (so that is far, but the price difference for a taxi ride compared to staying downtown was worth it. I would stay there again hands down. I can't comment on the food as we went out to eat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends