“Not on the 101”

Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
“Not on the 101”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful clean property but it is not on the 101. You will travel about a mile to get there in the town if Goleto near Santa Barbara Cookies on arrival are always a nice touch at the Hampton Good value and friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Irvine, California, USA
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I travel a ton with business and stay all over the USA. This is a typical Hampton - Friendly staff, clean rooms, decent breakfast. However, when i asked the receptionist why this Hampton was more expensive, I was informed the higher pricing is due to location. Sorry, but when traveling on business, this is not a sufficent justification. I did not see the value in this hotel. Maybe if I was on a romantical getaway...nah, not even then would i pay $200 for a mid week night stay. i would hate to see what a weekend stay cost. I will not be returning to this specific Hampton.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BlueFace81
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is in Old Town, which is a quaint part of Santa Barbara between downtown Santa Barbara and Goleta. As it is close to our offices in Goleta, I generally stay here when I am in town. Always clean. Breakfast is fresh and has lots of variety. Staff is warm and welcoming. I have had stays with full weekends in between and used the laundry and work out facilities and all are good. Hotel is also close by to other restaurants, the beach and downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HamptonSBGoleta, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent stay and review on TripAdvisor. I’m happy you had a great experience and enjoyed our breakfast and fitness center. I’ll be sure to share your kind words about our team with them because I know they will be excited to hear your review. We understand that after a long day of work, it’s important to be able to come back to a place where you can feel at home. I’m happy you feel that way here. If I can ever be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you again for choosing our hotel for your recent stay. Have a great day!

Pomona, California
Reviewed February 21, 2013

A great hotel still! clean and comfortable. staff always a plus. my grand kids love the breakfast in the morning.
wouldn't stay anywhere else if I could avoid it. keep up the good work. quiet except for train whistle which I really like anyway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. Your kind words are much appreciated. I’m excited to hear you and your family enjoyed our rooms and complimentary breakfast. Thank you again for your review and for staying at our hotel. Next time you visit the area, I would love to share with you some information about Goleta’s South Coast Railroad Museum. It’s a great place for the grand kids. I look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again in the future. Have a fantastic day!

Menlo Park, California, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Great amount of Beautiful room, pool and breakfast is great. Rate was really high 300 a night. Hotel was full of Lacrosse athletes and students but you could not hear them except in the AM when they were all leaving the rooms and the doors slam. Decor is really nice. Fresh new bedding and decorations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HamptonSBGoleta, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay as well as our comfortable beds, complimentary breakfast and convenient location to UCSB. We consider it an honor to serve you so if there is ever anything I can do to be of assistance feel free to contact me directly. I look forward to welcoming you to our hotel on a future stay. Thank you again!

Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is EXACTLY what I look for in a hotel - excellent and new gym, free internet and breakfast, very clean.... perfect! The rooms and the gym look they were just re-done. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the heating system worked perfectly. Everything just worked perfectly!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for giving our property such a great review. Yes, we did recently remodel our fitness center to allow additional workout areas and space to stretch and I’m so excited you enjoyed it. Thank you again for your stay and review. The team will be excited to read it. If there is ever anything I can do to be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Have a fantastic day!

El Cajon, California
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I very much enjoyed our stay. The staff was friendly, smiling and helpful. We were greeted pleasantly every time we passed through the lobby. The hotel itself is newer with comfortable, nicely appointed rooms. Very clean. The only negative for me were the pillows..they were too small. The breakfast was very nice with a good selection. The hotel is located conveniently near the freeway and within easy driving distance to Santa Barbara, Solvang and nearby wineries. The warm chocolate chip cookies at the front desk were a nice touch. All things considered, the stay was a memorable pleasure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vince P
HamptonSBGoleta, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. Your kind words are very much appreciated. It’s fantastic to hear you enjoyed our guest rooms, hotel location and yummy cookies! I’m so happy we were able to be a part of a great memory while visiting the Santa Barbara / Goleta area. Thank you again and if I can ever be of service, please don’t hesitate to call me directly. Have a great day!