Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta
$187
Kimpton
$96
  • Pool
Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara(Goleta)(Great Value!)
$264
$172
$189
$170
GardenInn.com
$299
RitzCarlton.com
  • Beachfront
Best Western Plus South Coast Inn(Goleta)(Great Value!)
$173
$162
$176
ExtendedStay
$115
$209
$178
  • Pool
All reviewscomplimentary breakfastyogurtwould stay here againfitness roomgreat place to staybusiness tripminute driverooms are cleanfront desk stafffirst flooreasy accessucsbgalenahollisterinnsaccommodationsfreeway
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great bedroom, free wifi, free parking, good location (10 min from Santa Barbara by car) breakfast included for a reasonable price! It was a shame that my boyfriend and I just stayed there for one night, because it was the hotel that we liked the most.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012

It's funny, but it doesn't seem to take much to change a decent Hampton Inn experience into a bad one. This property is clean, the rooms are spacious and the breakfast is, well a Hampton Inn breakfast (which is to say not bad for a comp. breakfast). The staff were amongst the best, most helpful I've encountered at a Hampton Inn.

So how comes it got an average rating? Well, for starters, including Santa Barbara in the name is a bit confusing - the hotel is a few miles from Santa Barbara and it's situated in an area that is somewhat different. Then there's the air conditioning - one of our room neighbours was obviously feeling very hot and had their air conditioning on high. That's fine, but we got the benefit of listening to it grind away all night. Never mind, if you can't sleep you can surf the web - except that the advertised High Speed Internet is pretty bloody slow.

I like the Hampton Inn brand, and I guess I have come to expect something a bit better - on a positive note, the team there was very friendly and very good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonSBGoleta, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you for your most recent stay at our hotel and for your review. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed our guest rooms and breakfast. Additionally, I’m thrilled to hear your encounters with our team were very positive. They work hard to make every guest’s experience memorable, so I’ll be sure to share your kind words with them.
I apologize for you experience with the air conditioning noise from an adjacent guest room. I take this very seriously and would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Please contact me at 805-681-9800 or Denise.Lopez@Hilton.com so we can connect regarding this. Also, I understand your concerns with our internet and I believe you will be delighted to hear we have just completed a bandwidth upgrade (completed on Tuesday of this week) proving to provide faster internet speeds to all of our guests.
Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Denise Lopez

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Goleta a few times over the last few years, most recently in October 2012. It's a 3 story hotel, in very good shape. Only a few miles from the West Entrance to the UCSB campus. On the far southwest side of downtown Goleta, with nearby gas stations, small restaraunts, and a 7/11. Rooms are clean and good sized; beds/linens are very comfy, like almost all Hilton related hotels. Has a small clean (and mostly unused) pool, and a very small fitness room. Parking is free and plentiful. Prices are high for a basic 3 star hotel, typically $160-230 per night, but high hotel prices are the norm in this area. Free wifi works wells. Free USA Today newspapers in the lobby. The free Breakfast has both hot and cold items, reasonable selection of things; good enough, but nothing too great. The front desk folks are very helpful, and the check in/out is very quick. I would rate the Pacifica Inn (just a few block down the road) as slightly better at about the same prices. But I'm an avid collector of HHonors points, so I try to stay at Hiltons when I can.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Henneman
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Just got home from a one night stay in the Santa Barbara area for our anniversary. It was a busy weekend in SB due to students moving in on campus and the Avon Breast Cancer Walk. We were lucky to find a room in Goleta. I was worried about not being in Santa Barbara proper but it's a short 5 minute drive. We were able to check in early and careful consideration was taken by the front desk staff in choosing our room. We mentioned it was our anniversary to Yvonne and Casarah (front desk staff) and, after going to the pool, came back to champagne and a basket of goodies with a sweet handwritten note from them. We had a slight parking issue which they also fixed quickly. We've stayed in many 4 star hotels that were nowhere nearly as clean, staff not as accomodating and food not as tasty. We had a very nice time and will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Finally found my notes from our February 2012 stay. We chose the location due to its proximity to UC Santa Barbara for a lacrosse tournament. Even though there were several teams staying in the hotel, it was quiet and there was plenty of room at breakfast. The hotel is well maintained, with new grout and pristine caulk in our room. There were nice touches like marble counters and sills. The beds were very comfortable. The temperature control was easy to use and the windows opened. I agree that the AC was loud but should only be needed on the hottest days. The fan alone was quiet. The rooms were well appointed but it's clearly a business-oriented hotel without balconies or patios. The elevator was slow and shared with housekeeping. The location is in Old Town Goleta, the older non-chain side of 101. If you are looking for the comfort of chain restaurants in walking distance, the north side is a better fit. The hotel did seem more upscale than the rest of the neighborhood. We ended up driving to restaurants out of the immediate area, which seemed run down a bit though we always felt safe. We'd stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family