“Pho was not hot, Beef was tough, terrible service”

Saigon Noodle House
Ranked #94 of 141 Restaurants in Goleta
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed January 30, 2014

The biggest mistake in preparing Pho is to serve it warm and not hot. They prepare all the noodles ahead of time, which is not the problem. The noodle get cold pretty fast. If the soap is not hot enough, you get warm Pho, which is terrible. One way to fix it is to put the noodle in the boiling soap to warm it up, put it back in the bowl and add hot soap.

I ordered the 1st item on the Pho list, I think it was #7. The beef was very very tough. They probably used round steak and they don't know how to fix them to get it softer.

The service was bad. It is the fault of management. The waitress were not properly trained. They all failed to do the basic task- do not go back to the kitchen empty handed. Pick up some dishes on your way back. We order Pho, finished it and we ordered egg rolls, the waitress took the order and left without taking any dirty bowl and dishes back to the kitchen. She brought the egg rolls, place it in the middle of the dirty dishes without taking them back.

It was my first time here and it was a bad experience. Food was bad and service was bad. The combination was terrible.

I was a Chinese chef for 4 years while I was in college working in my family's restaurant. I know what is good Asian food. It was probably the worst Pho I've ever tried.
Please don't order Pho with any beef at this restaurant. They are terrible.

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I eat here pretty regularly an usually get the pho and egg roles. I have tried another cold noodle chicken dish and a rice and beef dish which was very good. The egg roles are the best I have ever had. During the work week if you I at lunch the entire place is literally full and many people are waiting for to go orders. The service can be pretty bad sometimes usually it takes forever to bring the check but the wait staff are always friendly and nice. The food usually comes out quick though. The place could be a little cleaner but other then that this is my favorite pho in town.

Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

Stopped at Saigon Noodle House for lunch. I ordered well done beef pho and was so glad I did. The broth was tasty and the beef was very good. The fresh jalapeño, basil and bean sprouts made the dish almost complete. A spoonful of hot sauce and Sriaracha was perfect. The price was good. I would recommend this place.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

I'm always excited to go to Saigon Noodle House. Generous portions, friendly service, decent prices. A popular place for lots of UCSB students to eat as well.

Reviewed April 29, 2010

Recently I ordered a Pho bowl to go and paid $7.00 on my debit card for it. When I arrived home I found that all I had in the bag was a bowl of clear broth and a few bean sprouts with basil leaves and sliced chilis. No noodles! No meat!

I was extremely upset since I was looking forward to a good bowl of Pho only to find virtually nothing. I live 30 miles from the restaurant so could not easily drive back to get what I had ordered.

I phoned and was told with extremely apology that they would void the debit card payment. Well, what do you know, the charged showed up on my account and there was no reversal. Do you think I will be going back to this restaurant? I THINK NOT.

To anyone who wants to risk getting take-out, be sure to check out your order thoroughly or you might not be getting anything but a napkin, spoon, and condiments for a cup of clear broth.

2  Thank Safarigirll

Been to Saigon Noodle House? Share your experiences!