“Awful, seriously the worst BBQ I have ever had.”
Review of Smoke 'n Barrel BBQ Shack - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Smoke 'n Barrel BBQ Shack
Santa Ynez, California
“Awful, seriously the worst BBQ I have ever had.”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was so hoping that Smoke 'n Barrels would fill the void for good BBQ in the Goleta area. Unfortunately my hopes were dashed. my husband and I tried a variety of options including the chicken, baby back ribs and pulled pork. While there is a good smoke flavor that is where the flavor ends. Everything is under seasoned. The sides of mac and cheese and baked beans were bland and forgettable. We also tried an order of hush puppies which were nothing like a true hushpuppy. They were mushy inside and had a weird texture. The cornbread muffin looked good but was loaded with hard dried up pieces of corn. I really hope they can change a few things and recover otherwise I don't see this place lasting.

• Visited October 2013