“Ono? No.”
Review of Kahuna Grill

Kahuna Grill
Ranked #28 of 141 Restaurants in Goleta
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I lived in Honolulu and was visiting my brother in Goleta so he suggested we give it a try. "Ono" in Hawaiian means "delicious", and it was not. I ordered the de rigeur plate lunch of teriyaki beef with a scoop of rice and a scoop of mac salad. It was perfectly tasteless without any of the familiar flavors. I now see why everyone orders the usual mainland hamburger here.

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I love coming to kahuna grill. I usually get the Ortega green chili burger. Sometimes though I might get the shish kabobs. Both are great and they have great fries. Freshly brewed tea and they're not stingy with the condiments. Great coffee malts.

Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Had lunch there today after a morning of surfing. Inside was too hot so we were happy to have a quiet table outside in shade. I had tri tip sandwich, it had no flavor and our 2 orders of French fries were gross and soggy :( it has been hit and miss the last few times we have been there.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The best burgers in the world can be found on a daily basis at Kahuna grill,,,you have to try !!! If your burger levels are low,,you know where to go :)

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Love this place! When we come here, I almost always have the Ortega Chicken Sandwich, which includes a nice big chicken breast with Jack cheese and Ortega chiles, plus their special sauce and lettuce etc. on toasted sourdough - yum! They also have a great pulled pork sandwich, sweet potato fries, salads, Hawaiian style burgers, root beer floats....etc.....and they'll wrap your sandwich in lettuce if you're trying to cut your carbs. You get unlimited refills on drinks, and can really load up your sandwich at the condiment bar (as noted by others). Service is always friendly but at times can be a bit slow, even when they're not that busy (hence only 4 stars). The beautiful aquarium as you enter is always spotless and is fascinating for both kids and adults. The surfer movies on multiple TV's, amazing collection of surfing memorabilia, surfboards hanging from the walls and ceiling, palm trees, a thatched hut , outdoor seating - it's all good!

2  Thank Aimless

Been to Kahuna Grill? Share your experiences!