“Miro”

Miro
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Miro offers stunning views of the Pacific Ocean, an artistic, luxurious interior and extraordinary cuisine. Chef de Cuisine Johan Denizot has created signature dishes accented with the flavors of the old world and vegetables grown at local ranches near Santa Barbara. The restaurant offers a la carte dining as well as seasonal prix fixe menus.
Reviewed May 7, 2014

James Hernandez assisted us, and his suggestions for us were spot on. His knowledge and level of service was exceptional, and this was absolutely the best dining experience for us at Bacara in all of our visits.

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I arrived a few minutes before my husband checked in with hostess we had a reservation said I would wait in bar for my husband. Bartender was amazing told her it was my bday poured us a glass of champagne. So far so good. My husband goes and tells Hostess we are ready to be seated. She says sorry first come first serve?? We have a reservation nope sorry first come first serve? Gm comes puts us at a great table. Server was great, knowledgable, helpful and friendly . Crab appetizer and Sea bass was amazing. Then dessert ordered sorbet came a melted mess? It is my bday and considering hostess table situation. No cake? Dessert? No Happy Bday?
So food, server, view all good...follow thru and ending was a miss.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Miro garners one of the few 5-star reviews that I give. From the service to the setting to the food - all were first class.The service was attentive, but not stifling and formal. Eating outside with its sweeping view of the Pacific is perfection and feels like a getaway even if you're only there for dinner. My husband deemed his duck confit the best he's had (and we've had the dish in the Dordogne) - not overwhelmed with beans and a perfect combo of crisp and moist. My halibut was best in show - also crisped on the outside and moist inside. Miro is 13 miles outside of Santa Barbara, so not the most convenient; however, perfect situation if you also combine it with a visit to their spa!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I've been in, and ordered from, wine cellars at the Canlis in Seattle, the Savoy in London and many other locations. This competes with all of them quite effectively. It has a great view and great food.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Miro at Bacara Resort in Santa Barbara has a great ocean view, tasteful decor, and superior service, but the food was just decent. No single dish in our party stood out as anything spectacular. The dessert selection sounded fantastic and we anticipated at least a great finish to our dinners. When the desserts were served, quite a disappointment. Dinner went from good to average (or less) in one quick moment. My five-year-old child wanted the ice cream sandwich dessert and it amounted to pretty much nothing more than a scoop and a half of ice cream with a few cookies on the plate.

On a good note, I found a gin drink called "Ticket to Paradise" before dinner to be very tasty and delicious. After the drink, I think the pilot lost the map.

2  Thank Tamura