“quick service, good coffee & variety”

Natural Cafe Goleta
Ranked #27 of 139 Restaurants in Goleta
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Paso Robles Wine Region, California
“quick service, good coffee & variety”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

On the way back from Santa Barbara Toyota we stopped in for dinner, 3 of us. My daughter had the dinner special from the specials board. It was a plated meal with 2 slices of really good garlic bread with melted cheese all over it, pasta with a red sauce from sundried tomatoes & pesto, & game with a green salad too (incl. 1/2 avacado, tomatoes, etc.) in a separate bowl. All for $9.95. It was really good. My son got a sandwich which came with one slice of the garlic bread too, & some blue tortilla chips & a cup of salsa. They both each shared half of their food with each other & thought the pasta special was a great deal. My son wanted more of the garlic bread. I had the cobb salad because I have to keep my blood sugar low & I really wanted the pasta meal. The salad had lots of bites of chicken breast which was good, bacon, etc., but was missing beats which I love. It did have 1/2 of an avacado which was cool. My daughter & I had some of the regular coffee & it was really good. We had to hurry up & get back on the road to get home. We were glad we stopped in. The whole town of Goleta looks kinda dumpy, except when you are in the Costco Marketplace shopping Center, but this restaurant is a safe bet & there is a small parking lot behind it. It is kind of hard to back out of it on a dark night like tonite. I would like to try some of their other options, like the tacos that some others have recommended.

• Visited November 2012

Hoover, AL
“When in California, Go Natural!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

On the final night of a five-day pleasure/business trip to Central California, my son and I were seeking a restaurant that would give us a feel for what we and much of the rest of the country thinks that stereotypical California cuisine is all about. What better model of that impression than the Natural Café and Juice Bar in Goleta (a suburb of Santa Barbara). As stated on their menu, “The Natural Café offers a diverse menu featuring poultry, fish, vegetarian and vegan choices. The soups, salads, sandwiches and entrees are prepared fresh daily in our kitchen with good health AND good taste in mind.”

That sounds like just the spot for which we were looking. It turns out that it certainly was.

Granted, the restaurant was slapped down beside busy Hollister Avenue, instead under a quiet grove of shady trees. That’s not exactly the perfect structural setting for seeking nirvana, but heck, we were hungry enough to forego the spiritual for our gnawing appetites. Therefore, we placed our orders and took a table outside to take advantage of the pleasantly mild evening.

Ok, the ambiance wasn’t the best, but the food orders made up for it. My son chose the Spiritual Spinach Salad and I selected the Albacore Tuna Sandwich. In addition, I ordered a chocolate shake just because the urge hit me. (I know…odd pairing of food and drink but it worked for me) My son complimented the salad, stating he rated it highly. My albacore sandwich with fixings on a 9-grain bun was excellent. The shake was scrumptious also.

If I was a resident of the Santa Barbara area, I would most certainly become a regular patron of The Natural Café. Since I’m not, all I can do is gaze at the online menu and pretend. For those of you that have access to the multiple locations in that area, take advantage of your
good fortune and stop in for a visit. It’s healthy, it’s fresh…it’s really good food.

• Visited October 2012
Napa
“Great choice for healthy reasonable food”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Had dinner here as I just wanted reliable, fresh, quality food and was not concerned with setting. This location is on the main street in Goleta, and it's well lit, clean, and welcoming. The service was very friendly and helpful at all times. I asked for advice on whether to have the wild caught salmon or turkey burger, and the server recommended the turkey burger. It was delicious, and I ordered it without a bun - it came tightly wrapped up in lettuce. I was pleased with the quality, the service, and the fact that the cafe did so well on food, service, and setting. It's not fancy, but it's comfortable and an enjoyable place for a comfy meal.

• Visited November 2012
Goleta, California
“This location disappointing”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Love this local chain, huge fan of the other locations, but this spot seems to be just a little bit dirty. the whole place feels like it needs a power washing.

• Visited October 2012
Houston,Texas
“Good and healthy”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Went for lunch and had the portabello sandwich which was a marinated portabello, jack cheese, tomato and sprouts with garlic mayo mustard on 9 grain bread. Also had the cornbread. Everything was delicous!

• Visited August 2012