“Grate place to take vacationers”
Review of Beachside Bar-Cafe

Beachside Bar-Cafe
Ranked #1 of 141 Restaurants in Goleta
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My girlfriend's mother just visited. Our first stop with Beachside Bar-Cafe, because we wanted to have her mother experience dinner right on the sand. I'm a local residence of Santa Barbara and always look forward to dining here. I've never been disappointed. Good time to go is just before sunset. Get a seat at the bar, if there are any left.

There are newer reviews for Beachside Bar-Cafe

Reviewed November 24, 2013

The food here is consistently between average and good. I had the scallops which were really good. The bread is also really good here. My companions had salads which they liked and we had the chocolate cake dessert which was good. The grilled artichoke appetizer was also nice. We ate outside on the patio and the views were amazing as always. Service was good.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

This restaurant is right on the ocean right outside UCSB. It had great appetizers and soups. My son had the Paella that he said was excellent. If you're looking for good food near UCSB (which is not that easy) this is a good choice. mainly seafood but they do have steak and chicken.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We drove down to the beach/pier at Goleta and happened upon the Beachside Bar-Cafe. What a find! Great food, drinks, service- and all at very reasonable price. The view is also not to be believed... this was the first night of our vacation, and it was a great start!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

After reading one review about the filthy bathrooms I was more than turned off about going here. But the reviews for fish are limited in this small area so we called ahead to ask it they cleaned the bathrooms. Seriously if those are filthy who knows how the food could be, no poisoning wanted here. Been there done that already once this year. We were assured they are sanitized every day and kept clean, I didn't check them out I didn't want to ruin my appetite if it wasn't true. The gal who answered the phone did not know about the fish types or what specials they had, she should have been prepped. Our waiter was very pleasant and the service was fine. On their website they noted a special of kabobs with shrimp for $11.95 we mentioned that and our waiter said oh yes that isn't on the menu though, well why not? He said they were large prawns, he needs to be introduced to prawns as they are large succulent shrimp and the ones served were regular sized not even jumbo. The kabobs were done okay nothing to brag about had some cheap onions and bell peppers on them, could have added some squash and mushrooms. But the baked potatoe was very good, well done with sufficient butter and sour cream. My husbands rockfish was cold though and I would have turned it back in and had it done over but he ate it anyway and said it was just okay. All and all it was as we said just okay and we wouldn't return nor recommend it.