“Best under 3.00 burger in town and great milkshakes.”

The Habit Burger Grill
Ranked #2 of 143 Restaurants in Goleta
Reviewed March 8, 2008

Best under 3.00 burger in town and great milkshakes.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Reviewed January 5, 2008

Pretty good, but it doesn't beat Inn-n-Out

Reviewed November 28, 2007

Is this THE HABIT???

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 26, 2007

Delish veggie burger

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 1, 2007

I used to think that the only hamburger stand in southern CA that actually served quality meals was In-N-Out. However, that was before I visited Hamburger Habit with my family.

We were on our way to Solvang, and I wanted to stop somewhere in Goltea or nearby for lunch. Finding virtually no information on this restaurant on Trip Advisor (most inconvenient) I searched around the Dining Santa Barbara website. The only restaurant I found within all my specifications with any sort of good reccommendations was this place.

Somewhat wary as to whether or not it would be a failiure or success, I took my family there and was absolutely blown away. The stand in itself was small, a bright sun amid the dark and dingy area of Goleta that it was centered. The background music is just a local rock station, which creates an upbeat, casual ambiance. The decor was cheerful USC colors, and sketches of famous movie stars (aka Humphrey Bogart, etc.) were framed on the walls. No indoor seating, but a large canopy shields all the tables from the blazing California sun.

The service was extraordinarily friendly, and the entire place was amazingly clean. There was definitely more variety than In-N-Out...with even vegetarian options. You could get the classic burger and fries, yes, but you didn't have to--salads, hot sandwiches, and onion rings were also availiable. These even had original touches of their own, such as fluffy whipped cream on the milkshakes, and a gummy candy for the kid's meal.

I had the Chicken Teriyaki sandwich; it was excellent.

I must mention that the fries were beautifully golden, and I'm certain that no trans-fats were used in the cooking of anything at this lovely locale.

Visit this place if you're passing through; it's not far from the 101. My experience was wonderful.

2  Thank xXblacksakuraXx