“several locations with great reasonably priced food itrems.”

The Habit Burger Grill
Ranked #2 of 142 Restaurants in Goleta
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Mostly short order items but cooked to order and nothing but the best stuff and really well prepared. They have take out as well.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Try one with avocado for a sublime burger experience! We always go to the Goleta location... the first Habit!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hamburger craving satisfied here! A local place with a lot of personality, prompt service, tasty food, delicious shake!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Based on some of the reviews , I thought Habit would be much better.

I only had to wait a couple of minutes to order. Service was fine for a burger joint, however I did have to repeat myself several times due to the noise inside the kitchen. Food came out in a reasonable amount of time.

I ordered:
- Charburger with cheese, loaded. : The bun and fixings were fine, but the beef patty was thin, dry, and tasteless.
- French fries : Thin, overcooked, chewy, dry, and tasteless without ketchup
- Iced tea : hard to mess this up
- Vanilla malt : very good despite limited malt flavor

My point is that it is fine for a burger place. I have had much better (e.g. 5 Guys), and much worse (e.g. McD)...just don't believe all of the hype, or at least put it in context.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

My son introduced us to the Habit when we were visiting him at college. This is by far the best burger for the price. We had a big group and tried each type of burger and they were all excellent. The french fries are the best I have ever had; real potatoes and cooked crispy but not overdone. The original Habit in downtown Santa Barbara is more crowded and during lunch time is hard to get a seat, but the one in Goleta is the same wonderful food with much less crowd. They are now expanding to other areas in California so we search for them anytime we travel. Consistently excellent food for a good price.

Been to The Habit Burger Grill? Share your experiences!