“Surprise find in a Goleta strip mall!”

Nikka Fish Market and Grill
Ranked #7 of 146 Restaurants in Goleta
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We'd been meaning to try this place, but were hesitant, due to previous disappointment s in this location. We were so delight ed to discover such wonderful food at moderate price. Nice portions were served quickly, so food was hot, and the fish/veggies were fresh, very flavorful, and not overcooked. We will def come back!

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We saw a review for this enterprise in an automobile club magazine and thought we would like to try it too. She's a fish eater but I'm not, yet we settled on the Fish & Chips - an order each because there is not enough to share. The fish tasted fresh, it was flaky and tender, certainly not fishy-smelling, and lightly battered (not oily) with home-made tartar sauce. She commented, "the fish was yummy." The 'chips' are tasty, regular-sized fries (not to be confused with steak-fries) that could have been a little hotter but they were salted correctly. The accompanying small dish of coleslaw was not overpowering - pretty creamy, in fact. (We added ground pepper on our 'slaw.) The grill has a pleasant indoor-outdoor atmosphere; we sat outside at noon. We do want you to know that parking is very tight at this location due to the many food purveyors in this mini-mall. We're gonna try the tacos next!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I love this eatery. It's very quaint. And the food is delicious. My order - the Pasilla Peppers was a big serving. My husband and I should have shared. Next time. :-)

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Had lunch here 5th July. Charbroiled halibut with mango salsa was excellent. Good selection of fresh fish. The restaurant also serves as a fish market with local and "imported" catch.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

On my quest to find good, authentic fish n chips here on the West Coast, I have tried Nikka's a few times and have finally come to the conclusion that it just isn't very good. This last time when I ordered the fish n chips, I received 4 shriveled strips of some fish that was definitely not Cod (which authentic fish & chips are made from) and about a pound of tasteless fries. The fish was tasteless as well except for..what is that taste? Sage?! They put sage in their fish batter? Do they even have sage in England where fish n chips are from? I can take a dish that is 'reinterpreted' but this was just bad in quantity and quality and it got worse on every trip. If you are looking for good fish n chips, look elsewhere!