“Just another Outback Steakhouse”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #53 of 142 Restaurants in Goleta
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This was just another Outback Steakhouse. The good part about a chain restaurant is that you know what you're getting. The bad part is that they're all so standardized that you don't get any local flair.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I'll preface this review by saying that everyone else in the restaurant was either very Senior or very Large or both and they seemed to be enjoying themselves. So if that description fits you then by all means go there as it means more room at the good restaurants.

The kid serving us was nice and actually did a very good job.

The steak was bland, the side of broccoli was over cooked and literally only one piece of broccoli. When the waiter can't tell if your $20 steak and broccoli plate is yours or from the kid's menu you know you have a problem. My daughter's fries were soggy and pathetic, her burger was overcooked.

Won't eat there again.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My 3 guests arrived over an hour late on the Coast Starlight, so we decided to hit the Outback for a good dinner and drinks. There were 5 of us for dinner. Our meals were hot, drinks delicious, and our server, Fernando, was the best! He was prompt with our meals and drinks, got everything correct too.
I highly recommend this Outback in Goleta, and be sure you sit in Fernando's section if he's working that night.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Where and how do I begin! Oh yes, a month ago when the reservation was made for graduation dinner. Tonight our party arrives early, they sit my family at 3 separate tables. When the manager and owner, Sonny was asked why we are separated when the reservation was made a month ago, he, unapologetic proceeds to explain in a sarcastic manner that "this is the best we could offer" and proceeds to ask me, "what do you want me to do (pointing at booths afixed to the wall), bring those tables over here?" wow! Really? Did he just speak to a paying customer that way? Indeed he did and the service was just as terrible as the owner's attitude! We decided to stay because it was my nephew's graduation, we had family in town and basically wouldve been hard to find another location to accommodate a large party on grad night. Big mistake! About 45 min later, the plates slowly came out one by one, even after an hour my poor sister-n-law who is 8 mo pregnant didn't receive her food until it was pointed out to the waitress! Even after orders came out wrong and pre-dinner salads were missed, the owner never bothered to ck on us, never offered his apologies. I'm rating the food a 1 because 75% of my party was so disgusted and fed up with the treatment that we had to box up our dinner and leave. Sadly, my nephew is also an employee at Outback! Now the owner, Sonny is either very prejudice (yes, we are Mexicans) or dislikes my nephew very much! I mean who treats people this way? I've never, ever felt so humiliated in my life! I really felt like we were punished for staying...like we were an inconvenience! So whether you're a customer or an employee, beware of Sonny! Don't waste your time or money here!

1  Thank Glorious12
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We always love Outback. This one is not at busy at other locations so it was a breeze getting right in at 6:30 pm. But was delicious as usual.