“Christmas 2013” 5 of 5 bubbles

Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Christmas 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in room 4301 for 5 nights. We loved our room..beautiful deck/patio and we had a fireplace. Felt like we were on the "canopy tower" as we had beautiful looks at the local birds and a peak at the ocean/beach. We ate at the Bistro several times, had a chance to enjoy the wine tasting room and had great service from The Blend to buy fruit and sandwiches for the days we went off sightseeing. This is fabulous place. We would come back.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jo E

Santa Barbara, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Resort, outside of SB though”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Bacara is a great resort although it is about a 20 minute drive which is its only downside. There is a direct access to the beach and a number of other activities available at the resort such as tennis and a nearby golf resort.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Kyle F
Oakland, California
“disturbed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

came in for the day at the spa. Was welcomed graciously by a team member and was escorted to locker area.While enjoying my time at the spa I notice an older women very upset at her team member's raising her voice. I could tell they were very shook-en up by her yelling and I felt it was a very unnecessary place to do so I. It did ruin my zen relaxation time, i heard her name was Victoria.

san francisco
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Post Thanks Giving Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

The Bacara is an upscale hotel decorated in old Spanish style decor. The rooms "villas" are pretty spacious, big bath tubs and separate showers, which I like. They have a fire place and lanai that you can sit and relax. It's pretty clean too. Because this place is a pet friendly hotel. I cannot believe how many families bring their full size dogs. It's almost like a dog pound. My biggest complaint is that the walls are thin and you can hear your neighbor. If only the walls were not like a motel 6, then I would say this hotel is worth it. I'm saying this because rooms run start at $489.

The pool is awesome. It's one of the best planned pools Ive seen at a resort. Overall I enjoyed my stay during a busy weekend.

Visited November 2013
California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 329 helpful votes
“Big Disappointment for such a nice Resort”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Per my wife, (my spa expert), this place was a big disappointment. Just to give you some reference points, her top spas in Ca. includes the Montage Laguna Hills, The Grand Del Mar, Rancho Valencia, and the Four Seasons SB (all 5 stars). This place was given 3.5 stars (falls behind Ojai Valley Inn and Spa and The Lodge at Torrey Pines- 4 stars). Here were the reasons...
The facility and treatment were all worthy of 4 stars. The place was big and expansive. However, service wasn't the best. Their appointments were at 5pm. There were a line of customers and only one receptionist. She looked overwhelmed. No one walked them to the lockers to show them around (big No-No). Next, there were no towels to be found. No one to restocked them either. Finally, no toilet papers in most of the stalls. Big problems for a so call top spa. Finally, my wife got a deep tissue and she is convinced she was given a swedish instead.
However to make some ammends, all of this was brought to the manager in the morning and she gave them 25% off their bill...
Once again, a tad disappointing for such a nice resort.

Visited November 2013