“Great Resort, outside of SB though”
Review of Bacara Resort Spa

Bacara Resort Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Spas & Wellness in Goleta
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Bacara is a great resort although it is about a 20 minute drive which is its only downside. There is a direct access to the beach and a number of other activities available at the resort such as tennis and a nearby golf resort.

1  Thank Kyle F
in 33 reviews
"valet"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed December 5, 2013

came in for the day at the spa. Was welcomed graciously by a team member and was escorted to locker area.While enjoying my time at the spa I notice an older women very upset at her team member's raising her voice. I could tell they were very shook-en up by her yelling and I felt it was a very unnecessary place to do so I. It did ruin my zen relaxation time, i heard her name was Victoria.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

The Bacara is an upscale hotel decorated in old Spanish style decor. The rooms "villas" are pretty spacious, big bath tubs and separate showers, which I like. They have a fire place and lanai that you can sit and relax. It's pretty clean too. Because this place is a pet friendly hotel. I cannot believe how many families bring their full size dogs. It's almost like a dog pound. My biggest complaint is that the walls are thin and you can hear your neighbor. If only the walls were not like a motel 6, then I would say this hotel is worth it. I'm saying this because rooms run start at $489.

The pool is awesome. It's one of the best planned pools Ive seen at a resort. Overall I enjoyed my stay during a busy weekend.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Per my wife, (my spa expert), this place was a big disappointment. Just to give you some reference points, her top spas in Ca. includes the Montage Laguna Hills, The Grand Del Mar, Rancho Valencia, and the Four Seasons SB (all 5 stars). This place was given 3.5 stars (falls behind Ojai Valley Inn and Spa and The Lodge at Torrey Pines- 4 stars). Here were the reasons...
The facility and treatment were all worthy of 4 stars. The place was big and expansive. However, service wasn't the best. Their appointments were at 5pm. There were a line of customers and only one receptionist. She looked overwhelmed. No one walked them to the lockers to show them around (big No-No). Next, there were no towels to be found. No one to restocked them either. Finally, no toilet papers in most of the stalls. Big problems for a so call top spa. Finally, my wife got a deep tissue and she is convinced she was given a swedish instead.
However to make some ammends, all of this was brought to the manager in the morning and she gave them 25% off their bill...
Once again, a tad disappointing for such a nice resort.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We checked in last night, had a wonderful dinner at the Bistro restaurant. It was a little chilly but they had outdoor heaters on a patio overlooking the ocean. The food,atmosphere, and service was excellent! (I think our waiter's name was Sam) After we left we happen to meet Ron, the head of security. He was so incredibly nice and he took us on his golf cart for an impromptu tour of the property so we could make the most of our short stay. He showed us the pools, a path on the beach, the beach house where you could get kayaks and surf boards, the spa, the 3 restaurants, etc. It is a large property and it was so helpful getting this overview and personal tour,and a great way to see the property at night. He really went out of his way to welcome us, and was so excited himself about the hotel, it was infectious! We got up very early so we could get everything in!