“Beautiful resort, terrible service.”
Review of Bacara Resort Spa

Bacara Resort Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Spas & Wellness in Goleta
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The room and the resort are amazing! However, the service is awful. From the valet to the check in to the restaurants...no one could care if you are there! When asked for a better power blow dryer, I was told I didn't know how to operate one. How interesting...
We had to get our own coffee and salt at breakfast, the waiter was too asleep!
The bar is closed until noon so you must go to the spa which is happy to deliver(so we could watch golf) but when the pregnant server showed up, the boy behind the bar only kept cutting his lemons! We waited 25 minutes just to do a wine tasting and finally left. It became a joke for us on how bad the service was. If you want a great beautiful place with awful service, this is the place.
Oh and the beach was so dirty!!!

All reviews
in 33 reviews
"valet"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I just has a one night stay vacation at the Bacara Resort. What a great way to augment beautiful Santa Barbara with a world class resort in our own backyard.

On other occasions I had eaten at the Bacara Miro restaurant and was very satisfied with the quality of food and service, but this time we decided to try the newly remodeled Bistro. We have good news to report. The setting is outstanding. If you can make a reservation to be on the patio you will be rewarded with stunning views of the property, ocean and islands.

Our waitress was charming and full of suggestions. We went with everything she recommend starting with a Mediterranean Mule (vodka) and flowerhould (gin), both on the sweet side, and good for just relaxing prior to ordering dinner.

The menu identified which appetizers and entrees had won awards by the Bistro's new Chef. We went with the grilled spot prawn appetizer. Beautiful presentation. I loved the presentation but my girlfriend was not used to seeing the full prawn body. She did like the texture and flavor of the prawns.

I can highly recommend the halibut entree. Beautiful presentation and served on a bed of risotto and lightly flavored with a vinaigrette, which made the halibut zesty, or as my girlfriend said, a party in your mouth. We also had the Brick Roasted Local Sea Bass, wrapped in prosciutto and topped with wild mushroom. Yum!

The new Chef, (can't remember his name) came out to visit us and asked if we had any questions about our meal. Nice touch!

Overall great experience a the Bistro. Don't forget to make patio reservations to enjoy cocktails with beautiful ocean and island views.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Beautiful facility, lovely rooms, great views and beach.

But the entire facility is a big place, so outside of your room you don't get this cozy feeling. It is a big hotel.

But honestly, for the money, is it a great value or a superior experience? It is just ok.

We had some spotty service experiences more irritations than anything else. No coffee cups in the room, requesting them to be brought to us, being promised they would arrive 'in a few minutes', when it took well over an hour. And I had to call twice to get the room serviced, which it finally was, at 5:30 pm. Those were the minor annoyances. But when you are paying for luxury, I think everything should be perfect.

The facility was really hopping. Lots of families for Mother's Day weekend. We had brunch, which was lovely, but on the high-end.

The pool was very busy, and there was hardly a place to sit. Again, not what I'd expected.

My wife had a spa treatment, which she raved about.

So there you have it. High-end, lovely place, but its largess is its downfall. For the money, I'd rather find a smaller B&B.

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night and the room was very comfortable ...although the large comfy chair was recently lacquered and was still off gassing (so we moved it to the balcony). We appreciated that the balcony doors had screens - so we could leave them open for the delightful breeze. It's a huge property with some buildings requiring a sizable hill to climb. The staff was helpful and friendly.