“What a Gem ...”

Goodland Kitchen
Ranked #26 of 141 Restaurants in Goleta
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: The Goodland Kitchen is a grab-and-go eatery in Old Town Goleta, specializing in delicious, locally-sourced, and affordable meals. We prepare food in small batches, and utilize produce from local farmers to provide an exceptional culinary experience
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Last week I had my first meal at the Goodland Kitchen. I am happy to have found a new, healthy restaurant. I work around the corner from there so it's a great choice for breakfast and/or lunch. Parking is tough to, I would either go before or after the lunch rush. I had the butternut squash soup, the Ellwood Sandwich, and cold veggie salad. I was told that the veggies in the salad were cauliflower and I forget what else; however what I got was cold eggplant mixed with a lot of onions. It was okay, but not what I was expecting and not what I would have chosen to eat. The employee who took my order was nice

1  Thank BadGoat

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Amazing selection of gourmet take out, unique menu optons, vegan and gluten free choices available. So very yummy. The only negative is parking near here is terrible, the food is worth it.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Went to Goodland Kitchen for lunch for the first time, after hearing positive things about it. The food was fresh, which is great! The mint lemonade was excellent as well. However, the portions were very small for the price paid. I paid $7 for a "full sized" garden salad, but got a roughly 6 by 4 inch box (that wasn't even full) containing lettuce, a few slices of carrots, beans, and radishes. I was a little disappointed, considering what ravishing reviews I had heard from my friends in the past. Hopefully I can give it a second chance to try something else (maybe sandwiches or soup?) in the future.

4  Thank hyperhobbit07
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Definitely a place to add to your "lunch" list. Fresh & yummy, although there's not a lot of seating.

2  Thank Valerie K
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Loved the fresh food from Goodland Kitchen so much, we went back the next time we were in Isla Vista. The patio was packed with customers both times we were there.. Each time we thoroughly enjoyed our meals, from the salads to the sandwiches. Even if there is a long of customers, the premade, prepacked menu items make a short wait to receive your order.
I will continue to frequent this wonderful establishment each time I travel to Isla Vista.

1  Thank subead