“Sea kayaking Channel Islands...Wow!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aquasports Sea Cave Kayaking Trips

Aquasports Sea Cave Kayaking Trips
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Aquasports has been leading guided sea kayaking trips along the Santa Barbara coastline, and within the Channel Islands National Park, for the past 25 years. Adventure travel seekers will find that most trips are designed to be low rigor but high adventure, captivating both novices and experts alike. A fun, introductory kayaking lesson is included with all trips. No prior kayaking experience or special athletic ability is required for most of our trips.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Sea kayaking Channel Islands...Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2011

I'm so glad we did this trip! Our family of 4 signed up for the one day sea kayaking adventure at Santa Cruz island. We are all in reasonably good shape with little or no previous kayaking experience. We made the arrangements a few days in advance and were lucky to have ideal weather - warm, no wind, and calm seas. First, a nice boat ride over with Island Packers. My son has some history of motion sickness but had no problem with this boat ride, probably because of the calm seas that day. Then, our guide, Andy, gave us a brief intro on kayaking and soon we were in the kayaks and out on the water. We kayaked through a number of sea caves which were just as cool as I'd hoped. Also saw a blow hole which was really cool as well. The water was really clear and beautiful. There were many harbor seals swimming quite close to us, also saw pelicans and cormorants. Andy did a great job and I have to say we all loved the experience! After about 3 hours of kayaking, we had lunch and went for a short hike up the cliffs. The island itself was green and beautiful and we saw lots of island foxes, which are about half the size of regular faxes and so cute. Then it was time for the boat ride bak to Ventura.
This was a great day and well worth the money for a cool adventure.

Visited February 2011
5 Thank citgal

Los Angeles, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Sea Kayaking on Santa Cruz Island: Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2010

The boat ride over to Santa Cruz Island was a bit choppy in the morning, but once we arrived, the weather developed into a perfect day. This was my first experience ocean kayaking and it was quite memorable. There are many caves on the island that the guides carefully lead us through. I’m not in great shape, but was able to handle the level of exertion easily. The guides were exceptional: knowledgeable, kind and humorous--and always concerned about our safety. We spent about three hours kayaking and then had time to eat the lunch we brought. There was time afterwards to relax or hike before returning to the mainland. I visited a small museum on the island that was interesting.

On the boat ride back, we were escorted by a pod of dolphins. I’ve never experienced anything like it in my life—hundreds of dolphins swimming alongside the boat escorting us to shore! Amazing. I think this was my favorite part of the day.

I highly recommend this day trip. It was fascinating to see the islands, the caves, and the sea life. Dealing with Aquasports was extremely easy. They are very helpful and really excel at providing a great experience.

4 Thank synthesis