My wife and I recently stayed at the Bacara resort and experienced less than stellar service.
First, the staff allowed the room servcie trays to remain outside of the adjacent rooms to ours for an entire day, finally being removed late in the evening. Opposite our front door was smashed food on the walkway and used Q-tips from cleaning an adjacent room. These two offending items remained the entire time of our stay (Thursday through Sunday)
Second, their room service menu was very misleading so I would caution any guest to make sure you call the room service department and make sure you understand what you are getting. What we thought was 2 breakfasts (eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, toast, Coffee and tea turned out to cost $90 with out tip. What the menu did not explain is that what looks like an ala cart menu turns out to be a complete breakfast menu so we ended up ordering double of everything. The front desk was quasi understanding and credited us $17.
Third, for you that are using the American Express Platinum resort package with the $85 credit, you should understand that regardless of what it says on the bottom of the coupon you"ll be presented with at check in, the $85 credit is only redeemable for the amount of a lunch you would charge excluding tips and alcohol. We asked at check in if we did not end up having lunch at Bacara would we still receive the $85 credit and she said yes, but at check out of course the check in person was wrong and the check out person looked as if we were making up the fact her colleague told us the exact opposite.
The location was beautiful and the room comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the bluffs and beaches of the Gaviota coast lies a resort of stunning natural beauty and relaxed luxury. With 78 acres of oceanfront property, including two miles of natural beach, Bacara offers an expansive sun-drenched setting with endless vistas of sea and sky. The resort's innovative and artful design is in keeping with the intimacy and aesthetics of a Mediterranean village. Unwind at an award-winning 42,000-square-foot spa and fitness center or relax beside one of three zero-edge swimming pools and 26 private cabanas. The resort's 358 newly-renovated guestrooms and signature suites artfully infuse luxurious interiors with modern technologies for a true sense of comfort. Additional resort amenities include a new oceanfront restaurant, Angel Oak, four Har-Tru clay tennis courts, a Foley wine tasting room, and the adjacent Sandpiper Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bacara Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Barbara Bacara Resort
- Bacara Spa Resort Santa Barbara
- Bacara Resort Santa Barbara Ca
- Bacara Santa Barbara
- Bacara Hotel Santa Barbara