I MUST say that i have never had such a horrible experience at a Resort or have ever been so insulted by a Resort management! My husband took me here for my birthday. He thought it would be the PERFECT get away. SURPRISE NOT!!!
We arrived on Friday night & had 2 massages scheduled in our room. There were great, but when my husband went to sign the bill each massage was $500.00! They were far from that good. Then we went to sleep around midnight only to be awoken by a party of 15 people above us at 1:00am. We had to call security 3 times to have the nosie & people removed. The next day we were scheduled for a horse back ride on the beach. The resort gave us a card to go a ranch (the ranch was nice) but this ranch only rode in a cirle of dirt for 45 minutes and no where near the beach. When i expressed ours concerns to the manager Terry he said that he was changing out room so we wouldl not be distrubed by the guest above & this room had a GREAT surprise for us & assured us of a beatiful sunset! Well, the room was nce but not even in the direction of sunset (barely see the ocean) & the managers big surprise was a flower with a most insulting note! Too top off the end of our weekend when we checked out the bell boy didn't put our luggage into the car! Thank god we went into Santa Barbara for breakfast and did some shopping. When we opened the truck to put our bags inside we saw that our luggage was NOT there! So we had to go back and retrieve it! When we got back to the resort 3 hours later our luggage was still sitting right out in front & my husband walked up got it put it in the car (no one at the resort even asked or stopped him. This place is way over rated & they plain old (-)you! The weekend cost us $2855.00! It wasn't about the money if the service was good. But the service was horrible the whole experience was nasty!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the bluffs and beaches of the Gaviota coast lies a resort of stunning natural beauty and relaxed luxury. With 78 acres of oceanfront property, including two miles of natural beach, Bacara offers an expansive sun-drenched setting with endless vistas of sea and sky. The resort's innovative and artful design is in keeping with the intimacy and aesthetics of a Mediterranean village. Unwind at an award-winning 42,000-square-foot spa and fitness center or relax beside one of three zero-edge swimming pools and 26 private cabanas. The resort's 358 newly-renovated guestrooms and signature suites artfully infuse luxurious interiors with modern technologies for a true sense of comfort. Additional resort amenities include a new oceanfront restaurant, Angel Oak, four Har-Tru clay tennis courts, a Foley wine tasting room, and the adjacent Sandpiper Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Bacara Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Barbara Bacara Resort
- Bacara Spa Resort Santa Barbara
- Bacara Resort Santa Barbara Ca
- Bacara Santa Barbara
- Bacara Hotel Santa Barbara