We spent two nights at the Bacara a couple of weeks ago. It is a beautiful resort, landscaping meticulously manicured, the staff is warm, welcoming and exceptionally professional.
The room was very nice but it had no chest of drawers so we had to live out of our suitcase for the three days we were there. Isn't that rather odd? Even a cheap motel has a place for you to unpack your clothes. Also, there was nothing in the room giving information about the resort, room service, the services of the resort, etc. I dialed the room service number and asked why there wasn't a menu or a listing of services in the room. The man who answered the phone said that they didn't usually have a menu in the room but that he could have one sent up. I hung up and called the front desk because I thought that perhaps the room service man didn't understand what I was calling about. I got the same guy. I told him that it didn't make sense that there would be no information on the resort in the room. He asked me hold, asked someone else, came back on and said that it should be in the blue binder. I said, "Excuse me, but that's what I'm trying to tell you. There is no blue binder in the room." He said, oh, well, I'll have one sent up to you. Hummmmm, who is manning the front desk?
We ate in both restaurants - outstanding!! Couldn't ask for anything better. Service was top notch.
We drove up to the hotel in our own car. When we departed they brought our car out. It had been sitting outside, under a tree, for three days. It was covered with sap, fallen seed pods and was filthy. The man who brought the car said he would waive the parking for our stay because of the condition of our car. HOWEVER, the sap marks would not come out and we now have to take our car into a body shop to try to get the marks off. NEEDLESS TO SAY, WE ARE VERY UPSET ABOUT THIS.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the bluffs and beaches of the Gaviota coast lies a resort of stunning natural beauty and relaxed luxury. With 78 acres of oceanfront property, including two miles of natural beach, Bacara offers an expansive sun-drenched setting with endless vistas of sea and sky. The resort's innovative and artful design is in keeping with the intimacy and aesthetics of a Mediterranean village. Unwind at an award-winning 42,000-square-foot spa and fitness center or relax beside one of three zero-edge swimming pools and 26 private cabanas. The resort's 358 newly-renovated guestrooms and signature suites artfully infuse luxurious interiors with modern technologies for a true sense of comfort. Additional resort amenities include a new oceanfront restaurant, Angel Oak, four Har-Tru clay tennis courts, a Foley wine tasting room, and the adjacent Sandpiper Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bacara Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Barbara Bacara Resort
- Bacara Spa Resort Santa Barbara
- Bacara Resort Santa Barbara Ca
- Bacara Santa Barbara
- Bacara Hotel Santa Barbara