“Magical Resort”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I recently booked a weekend getaway with my wife at Bacara Resort in Santa Barbara. For a workaholic couple we were instantly amused with Bacara. We were impressed with the beautiful scenery of the resort and the fine amenities it offered: by the quaint layout of the grounds… skillfully laid out Spanish style villas intertwined with detailed land escaping. This is a magical place!! I left my stress at the fountain when we checked in. The staff is attentive and smart...very pleasant to engage and you see a sense of work ethic that I seldom notice at other high end resorts. I loved the sound of the Ocean roaming through the resort and the quiet walks we took to the beach. We loved our breakfast experience at the Bistro Café and our lunches at the stunning pool overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Our dinners at Miro as well as the Bar were splendid!
This was a fantastic trip for us and we plan to return in the next few months. The resort is top notch and the staff is instilled with exceptional work ethic. This was the perfect Romantic getaway!

Thank you!!!

Room Tip: The Villas by the pool are fun or if you prefer to be secluded I'd suggest Villa 14.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carlo B
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Carlo B- I absolutely love the description you gave on your recent review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please come back and visit us...for the opportunity to "leave your stress at the fountain".

There are newer reviews for Bacara Resort & Spa

Reviewed June 4, 2014

It is just absolutely beautiful. Service is amazing and the rooms are great! I spent two nights at the property and let me tell you, everything was just perfect! This is one of those properties where pictures don't do it justice. I will be back, for sure!

2  Thank masterminaei

Dear masterminaei- Thank you for the wonderful review. It was truly wonderful to read your beaming feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Bacara is BEAUTIFUL! Their team is warm and knowledgeable. Always smiling and helpful. The grounds are impeccable. The food is the freshest and the menus are special with unusual fruits and vegetables. Dining is superb. My husband said, "this is the best octopus I've had" and he's had it from San Francisco to Cancun and everywhere in between! Yoga class in the woods overlooking the ocean was beautiful and peaceful. The beds are comfortable and I felt rested after 3 nights. I didn't miss my own bed. Every detail was special. We needed more time to enjoy the amenities, but did walk on the beach, used the gym and pool. The Keurig coffee machine in the room was convenient too.

1  Thank Linda S
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Linda S- Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience. It is especially an honor to hear you and your husband enjoyed many facets of our resort including the locale, dining, fitness classes and the attention to detail in your guest rooms. Please come back and visit us again soon...to your "heaven on earth"!

Truly,

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We spent two nights at the resort and had a room with partial ocean view. The room was fine. What we did not really like were a number of functions (weddings) that took place at the hotel during our stay with the result that "normal guests" - such as us - were suffering. As an example the small Spa bistro was no longer in operation since the hotel was in need of the furniture for the functions. Bad luck!!!
Spending a few hours close by the pool just to relax (we had chosen seats on the so-called 1st floor) we were looking for some refreshment drinks. When we asked one of the waiters to come up, he explained to us, that there was no service on our side, but on the other side. He did not know the reasons why. Trying it again after some time, another waiter told us that we would normally have to pay US$ 150,-- (!!!) since we had seats in the so-called "cabana-area" which can only be occupied once rented. These were normal seats, nothing special, no special service whatsoever. He kindly allowed us to stay there without paying a rent since we had been waiting for our drinks quite a long time.
We cannot recommend the place to people who look for some relaxing days. It may be very noisy particularly during the weekends. We woke up several times when noisy singing groups stopped by on their way back to their rooms.
Breakfast is good but too expensive.

1  Thank EssenbachBayern
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear EssenbachBayern- I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although our resort is indeed popular for functions and celebrations, the level of service and comfort we provide our guests should not falter- and is our top priority. I apologize for your experience and have shared your review with the management team. Your mention of not being able to recommend Bacara as a relaxation deeply concerns me andI hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back to our family to give you a true 'Bacara experience'. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have wanted to visit Bacara for years and finally got the chance to celebrate a 3 year anniversary there with an overnight getaway (note to self, next time stay much longer). The hotel lived up to and exceeded all my expectations! First off, I have never seen a hotel that looks in person exactly like the photos on the website. The grounds, rooms, and shared spaces (pool, spa, beach, etc) are breathtaking and very clean. There are staff cleaning and attending to guests everywhere you look. Second, the service was first-rate from the moment we arrived at valet to the moment we left. A particular stand out was Macy, the concierge. We were late making dinner reservations and I was disappointed that Miro had filled up. Macy put us first on the list to be called about any cancellations and she also gave us a great table at Bistro. Best of all, she sent us a surprise treat to the room with a handwritten note congratulating us on our anniversary. Although we did not end up at Miro (a spot had opened up for us, but we didn't hear the message until too late), Bistro was actually much more upscale than I expected and we were extremely pleased with the whole experience.

I am really looking forward to returning to Bacara for a longer stay and experiencing all the beauty, relaxation, and wonderful service all over again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LittleG1818

Dear LittleG1818- First and foremost, Happy Anniversary! Thank you for choosing Bacara as your special getaway. Your comments with regards to Macy, our super-star concierge, are certainly appreciated. I will surely share your feedback with the management team. I am extremely pleased you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for very much for your review.

Cheers to many more anniversaries!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I had a wonderful at this lovely jewel of a resort on the Pacific Coast. If you are looking for a first-class, pampered experience, do not hesitate to book your stay.
P.S. Loved the Frette sheets and towels.

• Stayed: May 2014
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear AJWDC1- Thank you for your 5-star review. It is wonderful to hear not only your feedback on our locale and service, but your recommendation toward our resort to other travelers.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

The staff at Barcara was super nice, friendly and helpful; attentive to all of our needs.
The room and view were splendid: double balcony, enticing ocean and beach below, lush foliage abounding. We enjoyed a wonderful stay and wish we didn't have to leave.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room with full or partial ocean view.
1  Thank raseibert

Dear raseibert- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We strive to provide our guests with exceptional guest service and I am pleased to hear you had an opportunity to appreciate. I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Bacara Resort & Spa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Kimpton Canary Hotel
#11 of 52 in Santa Barbara
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara
#17 of 52 in Santa Barbara

Been to Bacara Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!