“Paradise Found”

The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Little has change in 2 years since our last visit.
Outstanding personal...incredible accommodations...fine cuisine tall pours too!
The flowers hummingbirds and the sun welcome those who seek true elegance.
Bacara relaxes rejuvenates and restores the weary.
We will return again and again.

Room Tip: Ocean view worth the extra..
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Dear Wayne W.

We are fortunate to have the privilege of many loyal customers like yourself who choose to return to Bacara whenever possible. I truly appreciate your feedback regarding your recent experience at our resort. Your compliments about our outstanding staff, the incredible accommodations and the relaxing atmosphere will be shared with with our team. I hope your travels will allow to return to Bacara very soon.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

The steep price staying here does not justify the slightly worn out rooms for patrons. Even the lounge chairs in the pool area are weathered down. When greeted by prompt, friendly valet and a comfy reception area, I gained high hopes for a room of equal quality. Although spacious, I felt the actual room was outdated.

However, the room was clean, quiet, and provided much privacy.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank zpaksux

Dear zpaksux,

Thank you for reaching out via Trip Advisor with regards to your recent stay. I speak for the entire team that we are sorry for your experience and that we did not exceed your expectations. Rest assured, your comments will be reviewed by our team.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

My girlfriend and I went to Bacara this past weekend for a quick getaway from LA. The weather was perfect and the resort was phenomenal. I had been checking reviews wondering where to go and came across Bacara. The new management seems to have made a difference because everyone from the valet dropping off our car to the grounds crew were smiling at us and wishing us to have a good day. We did not leave the resort all weekend and could not be happier about it. Wine tasting and The Bistro Friday, working out at the gym Saturday followed by a few hours at the pool was exactly what we wanted in our vacation. The beds were amazing and we had some of the best nights sleep we can remember. My only complaint is that we could not stay longer. We're already trying to plan our next trip to Bacara!

Room Tip: We had a "resort/garden view room which was close to the pool which was great. We were also clo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear GoldenBear35,

Thank you for the kind and thoughtful review. I am very pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations and your getaway weekend was a great success. The Bacara staff, with their genuine and caring attitude is so important to insuring high level of service for our guests. I will pass on your compliments to the team. We look forward to your return to our ocean side resort.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

What more can you ask than exquisite, well-kept grounds, beautifully appointed room/bath, and the magnificent Pacific Ocean? My husband and I spent a wonderful weekend at Bacara, and look forward to returning some time. The staff is courteous and helpful at all times. Love the fact that it's a "dog-friendly" venue, so I really enjoyed all the pooches on the property (I love dogs, but travel too much to have one of my own!). We were truly treated as guests, not customers. Highly recommend for a relaxing, peaceful weekend retreat.

Room Tip: Loved being in Villa 3 -- rooms felt very private, but I don't think you could pick a bad room.

Dare Casa295,

At Bacara we love creating an atmosphere that provides a warm and welcoming feel for our guests. The ocean front setting and everything Bacara has to offer truly enhance the genuine service our staff looks forward to delivering everyday. I am pleased to hear the we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for sharing your experience and your recommendation as a place to visit for a relaxing and peaceful weekend.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed on a girls weekend for 2 nights in May. We had a wonderful time. We hardly left the resort as it had everything that we needed. What stood out the most though was the terrific service and genuine kindness of the staff. Even though it is rather expensive the beauty of the resort and the can do attitude of its staff make it worth the money. Even as we were checking out and having to split our bill amongst 4 of us with credit cards, cash and differing amounts the front desk clerk never missed a beat, rolled an eye, or made it uncomfortable. He split it just ask we asked with a smile and a "my pleasure." This place is a real treat. I will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear UCSB_kelly,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Bacara. It is wonderful to hear that everyone enjoyed their stay and the staff exceeded your expectations by delivering exceptional service. At Bacara we always strive to be a destination resort that provides our guests with a unique and relaxing visit.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have been to bacara many times. one would think you might tire of going to the same place. I cant wait to go back each time I leave. from the moment you enter the property you are treated like a vip....the man who parks your car, the front desk person, the person who helps you with your bags to your room, the cleaning person.............they all have a smile and work efficiently to get you taken care of......bacara is a great place for recreation and relaxation. I love to walk just minutes to the beach for a long morning stroll before sitting down for breakfast in the café with wonderful ocean views. I love the swimming pool, but there is bike riding, hiking, and golf. the spa is first class and the treatment people are excellent. the food is wonderful, whether you want a buffet breakfast or a burger or a fine dining experience. the bar is always active. when I arrive I tend not to leave the property. the rooms are comfy and well appointed. an ocean view will brighten your stay. but if you have more time, explore downtown santa Barbara or a trip to one of the best zoos on the west coast. anyway you cut it, your stay at bacara will be a great memory and more than likely you will return many times like me..........

Room Tip: I prefer an ocean view room
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
GuestRelations M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear cabodave2011- Thank you very much for your detailed and thoughtful review! Here at Bacara, we pride ourselves on our dedication to guest service, so I am pleased you had an opportunity to thoroughly enjoy your time. I truly appreciate your detailed account of not only the resort, but the Santa Barbara locale as well. I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was gifted a stay at Bacara resort and spa for Mother's Day and everything from the friendly and very helpful staff, lush accommodations, beautiful views and sound of the ocean, all lulled me into a peaceful and pampered state of being.
My girls didn't want to leave the pool. Ever.
Then, waking up to a song bird and the sun coming up on the water... I only wish I could have stayed longer and taken advantage of everything they offer, (so I guess I'll have to go back!)

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear GooseMB- First and foremost, Happy (belated) Mother's Day! I am grateful that you were gifted a stay at our resort. Thank you very much for your thoughtful review. The details you gave were absolutely wonderful. It is with great pleasure to hear that your family enjoyed their stay as well. I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you again soon!

Truly,

Bacara Resort & Spa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Kimpton Canary Hotel
Courtyard Santa Barbara Goleta
Spanish Garden Inn
Spanish Garden Inn
#3 of 52 in Santa Barbara

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara? Share your experiences!