“A little bit of Heaven”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Goleta
Scottsdale, Arizona
“A little bit of Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

What more can you ask than exquisite, well-kept grounds, beautifully appointed room/bath, and the magnificent Pacific Ocean? My husband and I spent a wonderful weekend at Bacara, and look forward to returning some time. The staff is courteous and helpful at all times. Love the fact that it's a "dog-friendly" venue, so I really enjoyed all the pooches on the property (I love dogs, but travel too much to have one of my own!). We were truly treated as guests, not customers. Highly recommend for a relaxing, peaceful weekend retreat.

Room Tip: Loved being in Villa 3 -- rooms felt very private, but I don't think you could pick a bad room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dare Casa295,

At Bacara we love creating an atmosphere that provides a warm and welcoming feel for our guests. The ocean front setting and everything Bacara has to offer truly enhance the genuine service our staff looks forward to delivering everyday. I am pleased to hear the we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for sharing your experience and your recommendation as a place to visit for a relaxing and peaceful weekend.

Bacara Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (625)
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed on a girls weekend for 2 nights in May. We had a wonderful time. We hardly left the resort as it had everything that we needed. What stood out the most though was the terrific service and genuine kindness of the staff. Even though it is rather expensive the beauty of the resort and the can do attitude of its staff make it worth the money. Even as we were checking out and having to split our bill amongst 4 of us with credit cards, cash and differing amounts the front desk clerk never missed a beat, rolled an eye, or made it uncomfortable. He split it just ask we asked with a smile and a "my pleasure." This place is a real treat. I will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear UCSB_kelly,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Bacara. It is wonderful to hear that everyone enjoyed their stay and the staff exceeded your expectations by delivering exceptional service. At Bacara we always strive to be a destination resort that provides our guests with a unique and relaxing visit.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have been to bacara many times. one would think you might tire of going to the same place. I cant wait to go back each time I leave. from the moment you enter the property you are treated like a vip....the man who parks your car, the front desk person, the person who helps you with your bags to your room, the cleaning person.............they all have a smile and work efficiently to get you taken care of......bacara is a great place for recreation and relaxation. I love to walk just minutes to the beach for a long morning stroll before sitting down for breakfast in the café with wonderful ocean views. I love the swimming pool, but there is bike riding, hiking, and golf. the spa is first class and the treatment people are excellent. the food is wonderful, whether you want a buffet breakfast or a burger or a fine dining experience. the bar is always active. when I arrive I tend not to leave the property. the rooms are comfy and well appointed. an ocean view will brighten your stay. but if you have more time, explore downtown santa Barbara or a trip to one of the best zoos on the west coast. anyway you cut it, your stay at bacara will be a great memory and more than likely you will return many times like me..........

Room Tip: I prefer an ocean view room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear cabodave2011- Thank you very much for your detailed and thoughtful review! Here at Bacara, we pride ourselves on our dedication to guest service, so I am pleased you had an opportunity to thoroughly enjoy your time. I truly appreciate your detailed account of not only the resort, but the Santa Barbara locale as well. I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you again soon!

Buellton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was gifted a stay at Bacara resort and spa for Mother's Day and everything from the friendly and very helpful staff, lush accommodations, beautiful views and sound of the ocean, all lulled me into a peaceful and pampered state of being.
My girls didn't want to leave the pool. Ever.
Then, waking up to a song bird and the sun coming up on the water... I only wish I could have stayed longer and taken advantage of everything they offer, (so I guess I'll have to go back!)

• Stayed May 2014
Dear GooseMB- First and foremost, Happy (belated) Mother's Day! I am grateful that you were gifted a stay at our resort. Thank you very much for your thoughtful review. The details you gave were absolutely wonderful. It is with great pleasure to hear that your family enjoyed their stay as well. I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you again soon!

Truly,

Galveston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Bacara Resort & Spa in Santa Barbara in late
April 2014. I can't wait to go back. The property is gorgeous, peaceful, the staff is totally professional, friendly and helpful. You want to stay at this place. Nice beach right down the hill, just an overall rejuvenating, inspiring vacation. It's pricey but it's so worth it. Santa Barbara/Goleta is a nice area. Thank you Bacara, see you soon!

- Hank & Nancy from Texas

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Henry E- Thank you very much for your kind words on your recent visit to Bacara. Your review was thoughtful and gave a wonderful description to the many outstanding aspects of our resort. I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

I have stayed at the Bacara resort for both business and pleasure. Each instance was memorable. The grounds are impeccably kept, the staff courteous and extremely helpful. In fact, the staff goes above and beyond other resorts. Bacara is perfect for a family with children without feeling like a traditional family resort. There's enough space for everyone, whether its to connect or hide. I've stayed there twice so far in 2014 and plan to be back this month. it's the perfect home away from home. I've also referred several clients and colleagues who have all had similar experiences. Top notch!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Ray S- Thank you not only for the superb 5-star review, but also the recommendations for our resort to your clients and colleagues. I am pleased you agree that Bacara is welcoming for both business and pleasure. I appreciate your time and sincerely hope to welcoming you for your upcoming travels to Santa Barbara.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

If you desire comfort, relaxation, exquisite scenery and top-notch service, Bacara Resort & Spa is the place for you. Everyone takes their time to ensure your stay is the best possible. The rooms are elegant and spacious and the grounds and views are breathtaking. A quick drive from to and from Santa Barbara means you can enjoy the city or stay in the tranquil surroundings of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear c p- I sincerely appreciate your sincere review of Bacara Resort & Spa. We always appreciate the opportunity to welcome our guests from the Los Angeles area. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Bacara Resort & Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Belmond El Encanto
#1 of 51 in Santa Barbara
Montecito Inn
Montecito Inn
#18 of 51 in Santa Barbara

Been to Bacara Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!