“100% recommended. Top notch customer service”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed here a couple years back when they were going renovation...and had such a great time even with the construction, that decided to come back for my husband's 40th. What a great choice. The staff here from the lobby, to the pool, to everywhere are always providing the best service. I actually sent an email to the hotel letting them know my husband's bday was that weekend...and surprise! Beautiful bottle of champagne and dessert waiting for us in the room, with a nice hand written card. Is the small-large details that make a perfect getaway! Nick Carter from the backstreet boys was having his weeding that weekend, but we didn't notice any lack of service to us. If you have kids..this place is great too: they had free sliders or snow cones for them in the afternoon, also kept passing around frozen grapes for a hot day. Dined at Bistro ( Seafood buffet) - perfect, but our favorite meals were at the Spa Cafe for breakfast: healthy and light. Food ordered by the pool was great too. I can only say great things about this place. Yes, it's pricey, but it's worth every penny. So far, our favorite place to stay on the California coast ( and yeah, we've stayed at the Ritz in Dana Point, the Montage in laguna beach and several others in San Diego). Kuddos to the management...job well done.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Silvieincali- Thank you for choosing Bacara for your husband's 40th birthday celebration! I am pleased that the Bacara team helped turn those moments into memories for you and your husband. I will share your feedback with the team as they will be happy to hear from you. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Cheers to many more birthdays and hope we can welcome you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Bacara Resort & Spa

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I was here on business however brought my wife and we made a weekend of it. This was a great resort nestled at the north end of Goleta along the beach. We stayed in one of the King bed villa's and had our own private outside entrance from a ground floor balcony. The resort is quite large, although not as large as a Caribbean resort but still had that resort feel with many amenities.

The pool area was probably the best area where we spend time lounging in the pool or hot tub. The view from the top of the pool area overlooks the Pacific Ocean and on a sunny day is spectacular.

Given the proximity to the ocean and the cool breeze that comes off of it, the resort has many heaters so you can enjoy the outdoors in comfort. Likewise the pool is heated to 80 something degrees so you'll have no worries there as well.

My wife took advantage of the yoga and exercise classes offered by the Spa which were included with your $25 dollar resort fee.

We had one customer service issue where a huge party was being hosted right outside our suite and we were mistakenly placed by it when we checked in. After speaking with one of the managers they quickly understood the error and looked to move us to a new suite however it was late at night and moving would have been more of a hassle than it was worth. Regardless we were taken care of without question in other ways and it made our stay. They understood the problem and fixed it right away. That's what customer service is all about. Well done!

Would love to come back when it's a bit more consistent warmer weather however.

Room Tip: Ensure you stay in a King suite/villa that has your own private entrance.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear ShaunEdm- Thank you for your thoughtful and considerate review. You certainly included some wonderful points about our locale and resort as an entire experience- including the customer service you received. I appreciate all of your thoughts and am sure other travelers will agree. I welcome you to definitely return during the warmer months to experience the wonderful Santa Barbara summer!

I hope you had safe travels back home!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Beautiful grounds and beautiful setting. Customer service really needs to upgrade itself. My daughter and I checked thru Amex-Platinum status. and the front desk said that upgrade was not available and our Partial Ocean View Room was all they had which was fine since we checked in at 9:30 at night overnight stay, however, the room with better view next to us was vacant so were a lot of the room in better locations. I worked in the Meeting Planning Industry for over 10 years, but I was too tired to play the game.
We didn't have much luggage so we helped ourselves and found the door partially open and when we walk in the room, everything seemed fine. My daughter wanted to take a shower and wash her hair, and was missing the toiletries. I called the hotel front desk and informed them regarding the door open and we needed toiletries. Someone brought up exactly 1 of each. There was two of us, but I figured no big deal.
My daughter and I went to the bar for a late snack since we missed dinner, and I stopped by the front desk to ask for more shampoo and conditioner, etc. When we got back after 1-1/2 hours later, no toiletries, so I called again and ;this time 15 minutes later, the hotel finally bought some up. Keep in mind my room cost me over $750.00 for the night.
At 5:00 am, the room upstairs was making so much noise that at 6:30 am I called the front desk and informed them. The front desk chuckled and offered security. I told him it's too late for that since my daughter and I had to get going. So we headed out after breakfast at the Bistro which had great customer service, and I asked the front desk if we could have a couple of bottled water to go. She informed us that the bellman should have it already in our car.
No water, so I asked for it, and was told that it will be a few minutes since they were out. Eight minutes later, I asked the supervisor who was present at the time, and he told me that it will be another 10 - 15 minutes since they were in the middle of transition. I then asked if they can get me water at the café which is right next door. The supervisor answered yes, but I have to pay for it. I then proceeded to the front desk and informed the employee that I was told I have to pay for water and I've waited over 20 minutes. She offered to just get me water for free from the café, and apologized. Because the bellman who I tipped heard the commotion, he went out of his way running and got me water.
I never mind paying this much money at a hotel, but service should be there. I should never have to ask for anything or demand for anything. I will never stay there again. I did go over to the Four Seasons where my husband stayed a couple of months earlier, and for just being a visitor, I really felt the difference. I should have listened to my daughter and stayed there in the first place. My advice would be for management to really train the employees about customer service in a 5 star level.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MVLUN

Dear MVLUN- I am extremely grateful you have shared your concerns with us. I apologize you were not met with the level of service Bacara represents. I value all of your mentions and will be working with my team to address. In saying that, if you have a moment of time, I would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your time with us. I have sent you a direct message to acquire additional info. Your experience is certainly not indicative of our service standards and I am confident that we will meet and exceed your expectations should we have the pleasure to welcome you back to Bacara.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We went up for a mommy/daughter weekend with some other friends. It was my first time there. The views were amazing and the overall vibe was sooooo peaceful. We went hiking, sat by the pool and enjoyed our balcony every other moment. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Laura H,

It was nice to hear that the mommy/daughter weekend with friends exceeded your expectations.
I am very glad to hear that you were able to experience the peaceful and relaxing atmosphere that we have to offer at Bacara. The hiking trails are especially enjoyable as well. I hope you will have a chance to return soon.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Yes, Bacara is situated in a truly beautiful location, but it is the staff that will make your stay unforgettable!!! Merlyn Taggert and Melanie Lindall went above and beyond to make sure that it was more than amazing!!!! Daniel from Bell greeted us and made us feel very welcome! Richard Hollowell and Ethan made our dining experience at Bistro deliciously wonderful! Bravo Bacara!!!

Room Tip: Ocean View! Enjoy your Balcony!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear irene e- Our entire team works to provide exceptional guest service, and it is always a pleasure to hear thoughtful feedback. I will surely share with the team. I am pleased you enjoyed your overall experience. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to our family again soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

This is a beautiful resort with a series of buildings spread out over nicely landscaped grounds. The pool area was especially stunning with two pools, two hot tubs, beautiful plants, and a cafe and bar overlooking the ocean and an area of wild flowers and birds. Our room had a nicely designed bathroom, plenty of space, and a patio area looking over the grounds. Everything was plush and clean. Breakfast was very tasty but also expensive. This is a great place to just relax and stay for a few days, but there is plenty to do nearby in Santa Barbara if you need to shop, people watch or enjoy other kinds of restaurants.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear MizzouLizard,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Bacara. It was great to hear that you were able to experience what Bacara it truly about, the beautiful grounds, the plush landscape and surrounding nature. The view of the ocean is very conducive to a very relaxing atmosphere as you noted. I hope you will return to Bacara again if you have a chance to return to Santa Barbara.

Most sincerely,

Reviewed April 10, 2014

My husband and I travel to Santa Barbara fairly often when we want to getaway for a weekend because it's only about an hour away from LA. We stay at Bacara whenever we can, and we always leave feeling so refreshed and re-energized. The property is perfect - very lush, great restaurants, right on the ocean, and the architecture it just beautiful. It feels like you're in a different place altogether, like a real getaway, even though it's so close to the city. The property is right on the beach, and they also have an amazing pool area, a bar, restaurants and a spa, so no matter what your mood, there is always something to do. The rooms are all so beautiful so even just hanging out in your balcony feels nice. And the service is incredible, unlike anything you'll receive anywhere.

I love the place so much I even got married there! :)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank snazar13
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear snazar13- Thank you for being part of our Bacara family. I sincerely appreciate your loyalty and choosing to share special life events with us. It is a a true honor to hear your thoughts and you are able to feel refreshed and re-energized with each visit! That holds a special place in my heart to hear such things, thank you.

Most sincerely,

Bacara Resort & Spa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Kimpton Canary Hotel
#10 of 52 in Santa Barbara
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara
#17 of 52 in Santa Barbara

Been to Bacara Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!