“WOW! Amazing stay and hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
Reviewed April 8, 2014

As soon as we arrived we knew this hotel was going to be amazing! There were about 14 EXPENSIVE cars in the valet. The valet staff was great! Had our car up every time we called. The entrance was breathe taking! The huge center piece filled with flowers just made us all calmer. We went to the bar ASAP. The drinks and wine were not over priced for such a beautiful resort. This place was a much anticipated stop and NOTHING disappointed us.The rooms had great bathroom separation (always a plus) and the grounds were like we were on an island. The beds were so comfy we almost spent all day in bed but we wanted to get out and enjoy some wine tasting and sun. The staff pointed us in the best direction for wine tasting and food. Nothing was as relaxing as our stay at Bacara. A must stop on a "bucket list!"

Room Tip: We would give a tip on which room to get but every room seemed to be perfect!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear lana b- It is great to see your "Wow" in the subject of your review! I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience. From the beginning description of your arrival experience to the way the staff help guide you through Santa Barbara, I am so pleased you enjoyed your time. I hope you had safe travels back to Utah and hope we have the pleasure to see you again soon.

Truly,

There are newer reviews for Bacara Resort & Spa

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Just got back from my vacation at the Bacara hotel. We were celebrating our ten year anniversary and it could not have gone any better. Loved the ambiance - the hotel lobby was beautiful....as we entered we were handed a glass of champagne to enjoy while we checked in, the hotel room was spacious with a beautiful view, a super comfy bed, and a relaxing shower! I also loved the beautiful landscaping, pool area, food, proximity to the beach, etc. My favorite day at the Bacara started at the Bistro restaurant for breakfast. I ordered the lemon custard french toast which was divine and my hubby got juevos rancheros which he thoroughly enjoyed. After breakfast we reserved a cabana and spent the day by the pool, sipping delicious cocktails, and eating tasty appetizers. The weather was perfect and the pool was heated to a nice temperature. We enjoyed the music and even played some ping pong. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel...it's worth the money. I can tell you that we made some lasting memories and we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jillian P- Happy 10 Year Anniversary! It is an honor that you selected our resort to celebrate and spend time with your husband. The wonderful details you shared of your time is lovely- It sounds like you had a wonderful experience and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Cheers to many more years of wedding bliss!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Our night away from the chaos at home was welcomed with champagne, the ocean breeze, and a view unlike any other in Santa Barbara. Because of the location just outside of the city, the Bacara feels like a true getaway. The impeccable spanish style suit, fantastic service offered from the valet to the pool and restaurant servers, allowed us to feel doted upon and truly cared for. When looking for a beautiful resort to get away from the noise of life, look no further- you've found it at the Bacara hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear JohnnysJo,

I am glad we were able to be your true getaway for the night. We love to hear when our guests are really able to relax and enjoy what Bacara is all about, the view, the champagne and a staff that loves to take care of every guest who visits our resort. I hope you will always think of us as your new home away from home when you need to escape the chaos.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We recently had the pleasure to return to Bacara Resort to celebrate an anniversary. Having been there before our expectations were met and exceeded. The entire staff was exceptional and we were especially taken well care of by Merlyn Taggert| VIP Director | Bacara Resort & Spa. Merlyn went out of her way to be sure we had an extra special room for the occasion and surprised us with some bubbly and a special desert, among other upgrades. We ate dinner at Miro restaurant on the grounds, which was beautiful. I recommend doing what we did, which is to time it for the sunset and try to get there early for an outside table, weather permitting. We had a delicious healthy breakfast at their restaurant near the spa. We also made use of the spa and gym, which is all at a very high level and the gym is well equipped, especially for hotel. Our entire experience was fabulous and we highly recommend it for any stay or special occasion.

Room Tip: I suggest if you are a couple, something higher up and near the spa if you would like easier access...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Robert R.

I am very glad to hear that your visit to Bacara exceeded your expectations. Thank you for selecting us to celebrate your anniversary. I will be certain to share the kind words about the exceptional service you received from the staff and Merlyn. She truly adds a personal touch to all of our guests. I hope you will have another occasion before your next anniversary to return to Bacara.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I had a wonderful birthday experience at the Bacara Resort and Spa. At check-in I had the pleasure of meeting Merlyn, the front desk manager. She was friendly, full of conversation, and professional. As a first time guest on the property, she was a lovely welcome! She had my friend and I personally escorted to our room. Daniel, from bell, is the man who took us to our room. His friendliness, knowledge of the property, and helpful demeanor were among the best! He also came back and helped my friend and I at check-out. Again a wonderful touch! We also visited and ate at the Bistro, where we met Richard, and Ethan. They are Bistro Managers and were very accommodating. Ethan made sure we had the perfect table for my birthday event, while Richard stopped by our table to make sure our night was perfect! I loved my time and wonderful people I met at Bacara! I would highly recommend visiting this property, and stopping by the Bistro!

Room Tip: Villa 15 is wonderful.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Meghan V.

I appreciate the kind words regarding your stay at Bacara. Thank you for allowing us to help you celebrate your birthday. Out staff is truly committed to our guests and a memorable experience. I will be sure to share your comments with Merlyn, Daniel,Richard,Ethan and the team. Thank you again for choosing Bacara.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

My husband and I wanted to go somewhere for our first anniversary that reminded us of our Hawaiian honeymoon without traveling so far. Bacara was the perfect fit! We enjoyed our experience from reservation to check out. Monica (in reservations) not only provided us with a great room, she planned anniversary surprises for us. A beautiful walk on the beach, delicious dinner, drinks with live music at the lobby bar, relaxation, and pool time made our stay memorable. We just might have to make the Bacara a yearly destination!

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear KMGtraveler,

Happy anniversary to you and your husband. It was wonderful to hear that you decided to visit us at Bacara to celebrate. I will be certain to let Monica know how much you appreciated the anniversary surprise she planned for you and the memorable stay you experienced.I look forward to seeing next year for your anniversary if not sooner.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

If you like pretension, you'll love this place. It's the kind of restaurant where over-indulged and loud children leave most of their overpriced meals on their plates when they leave.

The kind of place where the Trophy Cars are parked obtrusively by the entrance.

All foam and no beer.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank petoq

Dear petoq,

Please accept my apology for being disturbed by the children while dining in our restaurant. I will be sure to share your concerns with the staff. I hope we will have another opportunity for you to experience all that Bacara has to offer.

Bacara Resort & Spa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Kimpton Canary Hotel
#17 of 52 in Santa Barbara
Harbor View Inn
Harbor View Inn
#10 of 52 in Santa Barbara

Been to Bacara Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!