“FABULOUS LUXURIOUS RESORT!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
texas
“FABULOUS LUXURIOUS RESORT!!!!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We came to visit UCSB for my daughter. We had never been to the area before. We were astonished by the natural beauty of the resort. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Upon check in, Carmel at the front desk was just delightful. She is a student at UCSB and was so helpful and informative. Very professional and so warm. The rooms were beautiful and exceptionally clean. The views were show stopping. The Bistro has an incredible view and excellent wine list. The Spa Cafe even had green juice! A must for me. I can't wait to go back. Absolutely my new favorite resort!!!

• Stayed March 2014
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear TexasMrshowell- First and foremost, welcome to our Bacara family! I appreciate you choosing to stay with us while visiting your daughter. Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful thoughts on Trip Advisor! I am pleased you enjoyed the rooms, views and dining at Bacara. I will also share your feedback with Carmel and her team. We are very proud of our team for the exceptional guest service they provide.

I hope your daughter is enjoying her time at UCSB. See you soon!

Kathleen Cochran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (643)
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Bacara is a stunning resort, with excellent customer service but at the price range they are in, some things are not where they have to be.
I did have a great time, but some things are just out of line with what they charge, such as:
Food: Everything was good, but nothing was excellent. Dinner was uninspiring. Not many dining options either. At breakfast "fresh squeezed" OJ was not fresh squeezed.
Location and situation: The beach area is not all that great. Rocky with sea weed and marsh, forget any idea of a walk on a sandy beach. The property does not seem to make good use of the land it is on. Most common areas are within the resort itself, rather than opening up to the Pacific ocean views.
Rooms: Nice, but noises from other rooms can be heard, footsteps echo on floors. We were there mid-week in winter and it was noisy, I can imagine summers on Sat!

It's tough to give a 3-star review for an overall good time and great service, but at these prices, and for all the incidental fees ($25 /day room fee for for god knows what, $30+ a night for parking) on top of the already pricey overnight, thats what I give it.

I will say the warm saline pool is a fantastic, and the staff could not be more friendly and helpful.
Clientele is also a good crowd.

Terranea resort is a better bet, at least for me.

Room Tip: Don't bother with the in-room fireplace upgrade. It is a glassed off, gas fireplace that you can...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tom_hiredweapon
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear hiredweapon_tom- Although I am pleased you found the resort stunning and the customer service excellent; I am concerned with your disappointment of our food, location and rooms. I appreciate all of your feedback and sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor. I have taken note of specific mentions to review with the team. Thank you again.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Really nice hotel with great pool area. Unfortunately not much of a beach. Service was excellent and the breakfast was very good as well. Would have stayed longer but Google executives had a planning session and took over the hotel. Unfortunately also ended up closing the restaurant too.

• Stayed March 2014
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear sensmike- Thank you very much for visiting us from Toronto, Canada. I appreciate your review and am pleased you enjoyed the hotel, pool, breakfast- and especially the service!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I've been visiting this resort for fifteen years for a reason - it's peaceful, very clean, the on-site food is varied, always inventive, fresh and healthy. Their spa is top-drawer and the gym is well outfitted. The beach is easy to get to and their three pools are laid out where you can either have people around or privacy. The rooms are fantastic, large, updated, custom and loaded with wonderful amenities. The walking pathways circle the property and are a great way to get low-impact exercise. Their tennis courts, bikes and small ocean canoes are another way to enjoy and maximized your outdoor time there. The resort has recently changed owners and they have clearly upped their game and the overall experience for the client. Wine tastings, a cheerful lounge/bar with mellow live music, a new coffee bar with picnic style food and multiple outdoor sitting areas with avocado wood burning fireplaces are also another way to diversify your stay and really enjoy the outdoor luxurious spaces the resort offers. Last, but not least and certainly most importantly for me - I've only worked Merlyn Taggert at the resort who assists me in booking and the details of my stay. Merlyn has handled her clients this way for as long as I can remember and I'm grateful to see her each time I visit. It's important to me to have a special person who knows you at a large resort like this and engages with you each time you book and arrive. It makes one feel "taken care of" and you can always reach out to her if you need special attention. Patrick.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the middle of the resort so you're close to the main hotel lobby and spa and so y...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Patrick A- Thank you for sharing your experience. I appreciate the amount of detail and visual perspective you included in your review. I am confident that other travelers will get a wonderful sense of what Bacara Resort & Spa represents from your thoughts. I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us and hope to invite you back in the near future!

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I've stayed all over the world, and pretty much all of the hotels in Santa Barbara. Recently we had a slumber party for my 5 year old with five of her friends. The hotel was so great, they let our guests hang out at the pool with us when most hotels don't. Although the hotel is huge, whenever we called for in room service or whatever we needed, it came within 10 minutes not 30 to 45 minutes like other hotels. Gorgeous landscape, right on the beach so you can just walk to the beach if you want within minutes. I found all the staff to be very gracious and welcoming. No attitudes, they were all very accommodating. We just didn't want to leave.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear daniella0328- What a fun occasion for your daughter and her friends! I am always so pleased to hear of memory-making opportunities spent at Bacara. Thank you for choosing us for her special evening! I am glad you enjoyed the pool, service and overall experience. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Anaheim, California
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Always enjoy our time at Bacara. Right from the Valet you get treated like the most important guests they have. Really enjoyed the new Bistro for lunch and breakfast. The pool bar was amazing and relaxing by the pool. Spa = world class, hard to beat...enjoyed a late night fire outside of the main bar. Great time as usual!!!

Room Tip: Even partial ocean views are great. We had two different patio's facing the water. the lower y...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Don B- Thank you for taking the time to review Bacara Resort & Spa and deeming us as a "piece of heaven". What a compliment! It is a pleasure to welcome you from Southern California multiple times. I am pleased you had the opportunity to enjoy the many aspects of the resort- including The Bistro! Hope to see you again soon!

Nice, France
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Resort is very nice with beautiful gardens and pool. Rooms were large and well equipped. Italian restaurant was very good - went there two nights in a row. Breakfast restaurant also good. Unfortunately sea is not too appealing as their are a lot of oil slicks. After just walking on the beach our feet had oil stains on them. The hotel does hand out product to wipe your feet with afterwards. A bit overpriced.

Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Ethee
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Ethee- Thank you very much for your time and including your review from your stay in July. I am pleased you had the opportunity to enjoy the different aspects of our resort including gardens, guest rooms, dining and guest rooms. Our locale of the Santa Barbara coast does indeed have a local petroleum processing location. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I appreciate your all of your thoughts and hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future,

Kathleen Cochran
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Kimpton Canary Hotel
#19 of 52 in Santa Barbara
Montecito Inn
Montecito Inn
#18 of 52 in Santa Barbara

Been to Bacara Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!