The week after the '08 Labor Day weekend at BACARA is mostly deserted. This makes for a very serene, quiet atmosphere. Very spa like. The property is beautiful and if you love white washed spanish / mediterranean architecture and decor , then this place is for you.
Service has been impeccable. Very personal. Of course, I can not attest to how this would be if the property was heavily populated.
The accomodations tho, are not my favorite. We stayed in a Ocean View Suite at 1700.00 per night. Very spacious but underfurnished. And the furnishings that are here seem mismatched and a bit beat up. The suite to which I refer is two rooms, bedrrom with separate living area. The bedroom contained king bed, with two raher hard provincial chairs at the foot of it. Beyond that is a small sitting area with a firplace and t
TVarmoire. Stuck in front of the fireplace was a large coffee table. So.........in this big spacious room, there was no cozy place to curl up in front of the fireplace. The separate LR was even more strangely furnished. Sofa bed shoved up in a corner, not facing the TV armoire. Desk in another corner with a small uncomfortable wicker / rattan chair. The only internet connection is in this room. None in the bedroom which can be locked off from the living area and rented separately I suppose. And there is no Wi-Fi.
All in all, things seem a bit old tho well maintained and very clean. The age of the room is evident in the large tube TV's and the condition of the furnishings. Also, the A/C thermostat on the wall seems to be more of a decor item than that of a functioning controller. While we were there, the temps were in the 70's and opening the windows cooled things off well enough.. But if temps were warmer I would say the room temps would not be pleasant. Even tho the weather was cool whle we were there, ti was damp and muggy and it would have been nice to have been able to pull the humidity out of the room.
All in all I would rate this as a place to recommend but would warn about the lack of furnishings in 13-309. I suspect that a small room with even the same furnishings would seem more accomodating.
Too, this is one of those places that will walk you to death. The lodgings are all in separate buildings from the main area. This is okay other than some of the walks are up very very very steep inclines. And when the sidewalks are damp this makes for even more difficult treks. There is a system of golf cars for pick up and delivery to and from your room but one does not always want to wait on a cart.
The pool area is beautiful and large and over looks the ocean. I did not utilize the spa so can not report. We did enjoy drinks and light dinner one evening in the bar just off the main lobby. The foods we sampmled were superb.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the bluffs and beaches of the Gaviota coast lies The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, a resort of stunning natural beauty and relaxed luxury. With 78 acres of oceanfront property, including two miles of natural beach, we offer an expansive sun-drenched setting with endless vistas of sea and sky. Our resort in Santa Barbara, California features innovative and artful design that is in keeping with the intimacy and aesthetics of a Mediterranean village. Unwind at an award-winning 42,000-square-foot spa and fitness center or relax beside one of three zero-edge swimming pools and 26 private cabanas. The resort's 358 newly-renovated guestrooms and signature suites artfully infuse luxurious interiors with modern technologies for a true sense of comfort. Additional resort amenities include a new oceanfront restaurant, Angel Oak, four Har-Tru clay tennis courts, a Foley wine tasting room, and the adjacent Sandpiper Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelPower, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Barbara Bacara Resort
- Bacara Spa Resort Santa Barbara
- Bacara Resort Santa Barbara Ca
- Bacara Santa Barbara
- Bacara Hotel Santa Barbara