“Never disappointed, Always a pleasure!”

The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Goleta
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is another return trip to Bacara and once again we were in heaven. It's not often you can visit a resort more than once and know you'll always have impeccable service and good food. These are just the bonuses when you factor in the scenery and the amenities. I love knowing you can have the luxuries of a fine hotel within a property that feels secluded and hidden away. I recommend this property to all my friends and colleagues and look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
GuestRelations M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Jeanne C- First and foremost, thank you for your continued loyalty and support toward our resort. It is a pleasure to time and time again welcome you back as part of our family. I appreciate your thoughts on scenery, amenities and overall locale of our destination. Thank you kindly for your recommendation to your friends and colleagues. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Recently, I took my girlfriend to dinner at the main bar inside the hotel and our service was beyond anything we could have expected. Our bartender, named Lenin, knew more about bourbon than most bartenders I have ran into. We asked for his recommendations for cocktails and he produced two of the best drinks I've ever had. For the lady, he made her a white Cosmo and he made me the best Manhattan. We let him choose all of our food and he did not disappoint. He ordered us the chicken drummetes, the pork chop lollipop and a pizza. The food was beyond exemplary and his recommendations were spot on. As someone who lives in Santa Barbara, I never would think of getting such great food and out of this world service out there. I will be back to see my buddy Lenin more often!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear christopherbartl- I appreciate you reaching out via Trip Advisor to share your experience at Bacara Bar. I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us. It is always wonderful to hear feedback about our staff. Lenin is indeed a wonderful asset to our team and is truly passionate about mixology, his guests and the overall experience. I will share your feedback with the entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the bar in the near future!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Check you guest folio, many charges that are doubled and others not substantiated. For the price and expectation, fell very short of it's goal. Will not, nor can not recommend this resort. It Was a humiliating experience for my wife and I. Lesson learned, if you want 4-5 star service forget about this place...

4  Thank DBrads
GuestRelations M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear DBrads- Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. I am extremely sorry to hear of your accounting issues with your specific guest folio. It is certainly not indicative of our service standards and we do not want any of our guests to feel humiliated. I would like to learn more about your experience and have sent you a direct message to retrieve your contact information. Please accept my sincere apology and I hope to hear back from you soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and i went for Valentine's Day weekend (without the kids), and loved every minute of this relaxing, serene fun retreat. With a cozy spa, great restaurants, beach walk and bicycle rental, you really don't need to leave the resort! The pool area is nice too, with a view of the beach and ping pong tables at the end.

Room Tip: The top floor rooms are the best - most private and every room has a great view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
GuestRelations M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Ana M- We appreciate you choosing our resort for your weekend away for Valentine's Day. It sounds like you and your husband had a chance to relax and unwind- and that is what is most important to us as a resort! Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back in the future. Next time, you'll have to bring the kids and experience our family friendly activities as well!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

My wife and I went to Bacara Resort on a recommendation from a friend. I was impressed with the location, the acaccomodations, and the staff. The location is on a hillside on the beach in Santa Barbara. The resort takes advantage of the spectacular views of the ocean and the perfectly manacured landscape.
The accomodations are top notch. As a person who travels and spends many nights in hotel rooms I found the room at Bacara to be luxurious, clean and well maintained. Although we did not use the spa this time, we walked through it and wished we had the time to be pampered with a massage.
I found the service to be outstanding. The staff genuinely cared about our stay and made sure that we were pampered. The Bistro restaurant staff was efficient, professional and friendly. I asked my server where we should go to dinner and he recommended Miro, and then he even made reservations for us. Dinner at Miro was a delight. No detail was overlooked and my wife and I had a fabulous dinner.
When my travels bring me to Santa Barbara again I will definitely stay at Bacara.

• Stayed: February 2014
GuestRelations M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Dear papaoftwins2001- I appreciate you taking the time to review our resort. I am pleased you enjoyed the many aspects of our resort including the locale, accommodations and the restaurants. Thank you for your mention of our staff. Our team works hard to provide exceptional service to our guests and it is always wonderful to hear great feedback! I hope we have the chance to welcome you back in the future- next time you'll have to experience the spa!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My girlfriend and I recently had our first stay at Bacara and we were very satisfied with the entire property. We really enjoyed our room, beach views, amenities (especially the pool) and the spa cafe. Brunch was exquisite!
We will be making a point to stay here every time we visit Santa Barbara.

Room Tip: Buildings 9 & 10 are closest to the beach for great views and a nice walk.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
GuestRelations M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Ben F.- Thank you very much for reaching out on Trip Advisor to share your experience. I also received your message on Yelp. I appreciate you taking the time to review our resort. I am so glad you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I recently visited the Bacara with a friend and had a wonderful dinner at Miro. The caesar salad and sea bass were to die for. Plus the sunset view was one of the most beautiful I've seen on the central coast! I live in San Luis Obispo, and will definitely be coming here more often. The staff at Miro were friendly, knowledgable and on top of it when it came to service!! Simply the BEST!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
GuestRelations M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Shea L- Thank you for taking the time to review Miro. I am happy to hear you had some time to take in the sunset views- they are indeed beautiful! I will also share your kind words with the staff about your meal and service. Please definitely come back and visit us soon!

Warm Regards,

Kathleen Cochran

Also consider these accommodations in or near Goleta
Kimpton Canary Hotel
Spanish Garden Inn
Spanish Garden Inn
#4 of 52 in Santa Barbara
Courtyard Santa Barbara Goleta

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara? Share your experiences!