We were there on dec/2013 to celebrate our Christmas holidays. The hotel is very well preserved, beautiful gardens, big bedroom, awesome swimming pool area and a wonderful beach with scenic views.
We are 5 and the Junior Suite fitted us quite well in two double beds and a sofa bed with a nice bath-tub. It's a high standard hotel, so the linens, the towels, the mattress, the cleanness, the air conditioning are all really very good.
We had breakfast at the Blend, a charming coffee bar with croissants, coffees and some tables at the courtyard. The service is always nice, polite and attentive with kids. If want something more than a coffee bar, they have luxurious restaurant for a memorable breakfast.
We had lunch at the swimming pool, as days were bright and sunny. The food and the service were really good and attentive.
We celebrated our Christmas eve at Bistro restaurant, an elegant restaurant with rich standard plates and wine. We were really welcomed, and had a memorable Christmas eve, though not exactly cheap, worth each $. They have another restaurant there, Miró, which is more elegant, but as we were with kids…
The beach is beautiful and the place offers scenic views.
The parking fee it's not cheap, not sure if it was U$30 or U$32, and the valet waited for some tip…
Well anyway it's not the kind of place to go planning to save money.
Nothing to complain and of course we all would love to be there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the bluffs and beaches of the Gaviota coast lies a resort of stunning natural beauty and relaxed luxury. With 78 acres of oceanfront property, including two miles of natural beach, Bacara offers an expansive sun-drenched setting with endless vistas of sea and sky. The resort's innovative and artful design is in keeping with the intimacy and aesthetics of a Mediterranean village. Unwind at an award-winning 42,000-square-foot spa and fitness center or relax beside one of three zero-edge swimming pools and 26 private cabanas. The resort's 358 newly-renovated guestrooms and signature suites artfully infuse luxurious interiors with modern technologies for a true sense of comfort. Additional resort amenities include a new oceanfront restaurant, Angel Oak, four Har-Tru clay tennis courts, a Foley wine tasting room, and the adjacent Sandpiper Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bacara Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Barbara Bacara Resort
- Bacara Spa Resort Santa Barbara
- Bacara Resort Santa Barbara Ca
- Bacara Santa Barbara
- Bacara Hotel Santa Barbara