My wife and I decided to take a weekend getaway and settled on the Bacara Resort after she had a great experience there during a girls' weekend this past summer. The place is beautiful and the location super convenient in that it offers that feeling of solitude one needs for an escape weekend, yet is only a quick trip down the freeway if you want to find yourself in downtown Santa Barbara.
For those couples that like to stay fit and active, there are any number of things to do. We walked on the beach, on the grounds, and along a trail-loop adjacent to the hotel. We rented bikes and rode over to this amazing butterfly habitat about a mile or so away. Being a swimmer, I thoroughly enjoyed two of the three beautiful pools to get in some lap swimming. The water was crystal clear and the temperature perfect. My favorite fitness aspect of this trip; however, was the two challenging yet fun classes with the famous Norm, Bacara's resident fitness trainer. This guy was the best! His TRX class kills and his 360 class later in the day kills even more. (I skipped his Zumba class, in between, but I hear that's pretty fun too.) This guy yells at you to follow his directions, keep your form, and reach your potential. He cranks classic rock, like Led Zeplin and asks if you're "feel in' the love" while you're pouring sweat. Any intimidation factor dissipates within minutes, though, after you realize the guy has a heart of gold. We live two hours from the Bacara, but I would almost make the drive up each Saturday just to take his classes.
I usually put on about 5 pounds after a resort-weekend stay, but Norm helped me come back to reality rested, a bit sore, perhaps, but ready to conquer my work week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the bluffs and beaches of the Gaviota coast lies a resort of stunning natural beauty and relaxed luxury. With 78 acres of oceanfront property, including two miles of natural beach, Bacara offers an expansive sun-drenched setting with endless vistas of sea and sky. The resort's innovative and artful design is in keeping with the intimacy and aesthetics of a Mediterranean village. Unwind at an award-winning 42,000-square-foot spa and fitness center or relax beside one of three zero-edge swimming pools and 26 private cabanas. The resort's 358 newly-renovated guestrooms and signature suites artfully infuse luxurious interiors with modern technologies for a true sense of comfort. Additional resort amenities include a new oceanfront restaurant, Angel Oak, four Har-Tru clay tennis courts, a Foley wine tasting room, and the adjacent Sandpiper Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bacara Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Barbara Bacara Resort
- Bacara Spa Resort Santa Barbara
- Bacara Resort Santa Barbara Ca
- Bacara Santa Barbara
- Bacara Hotel Santa Barbara