The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara
$269
ResidenceInn.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus South Coast Inn(Goleta)(Great Value!)
$175
$163
Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara(Goleta)(Great Value!)
$261
$179
$197
$188
Courtyard by Marriott Santa Barbara Goleta(Goleta)(Great Value!)
$219
$209
Hotels.com
$77
2,421 results
All reviewsbacara resortsanta barbarabeautiful resortspa cafehigh end resortgarden viewangel oakpartial ocean viewwine tastingwine countrylobby barocean frontthe entire stafffitness centervalet parkingtarpools
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The ambiance of this resort is fantastic. All of the views are stunning and the rooms are very spacious and very nice. The staff are always polite and professional. The fitness center/spa facilities are great. We dined at the Bistro and the food was outstanding. Of course they will stick it to you with additional outrageous daily charges such as "Hospitality Service Fee" $25, "Parking" $32, "City Room tax" 12%, "Tourism Marketing Assessment" $2 - what ever the heck that is, and something called "Ca Travel & Tourism" ........... So just be prepared to have your bill padded at least an extra $60 a day.

Other than the annoying little add on fees, the only other warning is that they allow dogs to stay in the rooms. We like dogs, but the dog in the room next door barked for two hours nonstop. We were already unpacked and were comfortable so we just put up with the barking until the owner returned to the room and quieted the dog. When checking in, i would suggest insisting that you be provided a room away from any animals.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from any dogs, (This hotel allow dogs in rooms and the barking may be unpleasant).
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mr_los_angeles
Kathleen C, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our accommodations, staff, spa facility and dining. Resort fees and parking charges are an industry wide practice at many other destination resorts such as Bacara and we remain competitive with them in regards to this. We hope that despite this, you will return again in the future.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is the essence of Santa Barbara. Gorgeous views, beaches, restaurants and wonderful rooms. Plus, a non chlorine pool. It is just a wonderful escape from the ordinary. Be sure (weather permitting) to take a meal at the casual restaurant on the patio.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kathleen C, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your romantic trip to Bacara. I am so glad that you enjoyed our gorgeous views, accommodations and dining outlets. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kindly,

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We recently stayed 3D/2Nts at this beach front resort. We love the fact that the resort is only 3 stories tall, and rooms are located inside "villas." So every time we exit our room to go to the pool, beach, restaurants, or spa, we are "not" walking long carpeted hallways or waiting forever for elevators. We were surrounded by oceanview, lush landscaping, and people that were calm and relaxed.

The only disappointment was at check-in. We only had 1 big luggage, so we decided to carry that to our room on our own. It turns out that our villa was the furthest from the lobby and a 3 minute walk. There was one stretch that was down a slope, which made it difficult with a heavy luggage and high heels. It's no big deal, but we were just disappointed that we were not offered a caddy to ride in. Usually at these types of resorts, the staffs go above and beyond to anticipate your needs. That was disappointing.

Other than that, the beach access, the location, the restaurants were all amazing!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with large 1st floor patios.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for writing about your recent stay. While I was thrilled to read that you love the resort layout, grounds and accommodations, I am sorry that your arrival was not flawless. We do offer bell service to escort you to your room with your luggage and I am sorry that you were not offered that service. We hope that despite that, you will join us again in the future. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Bacara is such a beautiful resort that I didn't want to leave. Over the weekend, my friends and I stayed in Bacara for two nights to celebrate a close friend's bachelorette party. My friends and I were very impressed by the service, architecture, and the overall ambiance of this hotel. It was such a great experience from start to finish! From the moment we stepped in the hotel, Jon at the front desk took care of us, and we even got to enjoy a complimentary wine tasting in the lobby. The service was so great that when I walked around the resort, a staff member driving a golf cart would ask if I needed a ride somewhere. Also, when I was lounging by the pool and I was complaining about my eyes turning red due to my contacts, one of the staff members overheard me and asked if I needed eye drops. Overall, Bacara is a great resort, and I would love to go back again. Big thanks to Natalie as well for helping me book my reservations.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Kathleen C, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for writing about your recent stay for your friend’s bachelorette weekend. We are thrilled that you had a wonderful visit and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Kindly,

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here, and it exceeded our expectations from the moment we arrived, beginning with a generous room upgrade. The resort's many acres are the perfect place to unwind with a stroll (including the nature trail), as are the pools. Easy drives to Santa Barbara, Montecito, and the wineries around Los Olivos, Santa Ynez, and Solvang.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathleen C, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay for your anniversary. I am thrilled to read that we exceeded your expectations and we hope to welcome you back again soon.